2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
CanuckMightyWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

I don’t think it would be good PR to have him (Eriksen) in and training according to our methods. We also wouldn’t want him to be given preferential treatment while others knock themselves out in murdeball. Too much baggage with him that we would be foolish to fall into.
Last edited by CanuckMightyWhite on 18 Jan 2022, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
CanuckMightyWhite

Metro1962 wrote:I would love to see Deli Alli at Leeds as I believe Bielsa could work wonders with him.
Am sure he’s on pretty high wages. Rather we get someone of the Raskin or Knight ilk. Young, cheapish, moldable, tons of potential.
Kronen
Giddy Kipper

Post by Kronen »

According to Eriksen himself, he should not require any special treatment.
He has good movement, can kick a ball and was excellent when he played for Spurs. Bielsa would be the perfect coach for him.
We would get a player that is just shy of worldclass for pennys.
Regarding the bad PR, then I would say the exact opposite would happen.
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

I’m only guessing, but I think, that Eriksen wants to live in London. And I think, that the “Danish” club Brentford will suit him (apart from the fact, that Christian Norgaard plays Eriksens role and is doing a fine job IMO).

I honestly don’t want him to Leeds United, I’m afraid, that he is not as good as in his Spurs-days. As I recall, he wasn’t good in his last season in Spurs and he was no succes in Italy either.

Finally I must say, that I think, that the Danish National Team is better without Eriksen (please don’t tell it to any other Danes, I will be executed by daylight :D)
Kronen
Giddy Kipper

Post by Kronen »

Short contract, with the option to extend if things work out?
It could be a dream, for me, if he could get back to his way of playing as in Spurs.
I am Danish too and I would agree with you that the national team are playing slightly better without him. I just factor in a lot of reasons for this.
He was playing out of his comfort zone in Inter and Conte did not have much faith in him, this reflected on his playing on the national team.
The last season in Tottenham was bad, I agree. But again, I think it was because he knew he was going someplace new and had a hard time keeping his motivation up. There were talks of him going to Barcelona.
Now he has had this unfortunate thing happening to him and I think that has made him want to play even more.
CanuckMightyWhite

Kronen wrote:According to Eriksen himself, he should not require any special treatment.
He has good movement, can kick a ball and was excellent when he played for Spurs. Bielsa would be the perfect coach for him.
We would get a player that is just shy of worldclass for pennys.
Regarding the bad PR, then I would say the exact opposite would happen.
God forbid, what if he collapses during a murderball session?I would prefer we look elsewhere tbh.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

whitedancer wrote:cant see bielsa making any big name signings whatsoever, not hes style.
Anyone still think we need new players, especially an attacking midfielder, after the performance against West Ham?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
CanuckMightyWhite

Phil Hay
@PhilHay_
Exc: From
@TheAthletic
and
@samstejskal
- Leeds United have tabled a formal bid for RB Salzburg midfielder Brenden Aaronson. Believed to be in the region of £15m. Salzburg valuation higher than that but Leeds persisting with their interest.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

CanuckMightyWhite wrote:Phil Hay
@PhilHay_
Exc: From
@TheAthletic
and
@samstejskal
- Leeds United have tabled a formal bid for RB Salzburg midfielder Brenden Aaronson. Believed to be in the region of £15m. Salzburg valuation higher than that but Leeds persisting with their interest.
Just seen this on Athletic says club remains intent on signing him despite rejection.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Love the fact that there's rampant speculation everywhere, names being thrown around like no tomorrow - and then when we put a real bid in on someone it's always someone the press have never even mentioned in passing :D