2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by The Fonz »

Polkadot wrote:This might drag out, then we pay 30m for him January 31st..
but he does look very good and he seems to be a nice fit so whether he cost 22m or 30m I’m not that bothered about. If he turns out good it’s a great success. If he doesn’t perform he is a miss buy no matter if we paid 15, 22 or 30
We will have our top price and Salzburg will have their minimum price, if they cross we may get him.
No way should we go above what we can afford been down that road before and it was a rocky ride.
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

HalifaxWhite wrote:I see scum are willing to offload Lingard permanently, I have to say I am frustrated were not linked. He would be reasonable cost, peak age, experienced international and PL, creative midfield, hard working, seems to have a good attitude and gives it all even when on the fringes. Was brilliant at West Ham.

We're missing a trick if we don't throw our hat in for him.
They want £25m for him as that is what they offered West Ham some time ago and they turned it down as they could not afford it although we could afford it but chances are hmmmm slim but now Lingard will not go to a top 4 rival and that is what they see West Ham has right now.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Metro1962 wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:I see scum are willing to offload Lingard permanently, I have to say I am frustrated were not linked. He would be reasonable cost, peak age, experienced international and PL, creative midfield, hard working, seems to have a good attitude and gives it all even when on the fringes. Was brilliant at West Ham.

We're missing a trick if we don't throw our hat in for him.
They want £25m for him as that is what they offered West Ham some time ago and they turned it down as they could not afford it although we could afford it but chances are hmmmm slim but now Lingard will not go to a top 4 rival and that is what they see West Ham has right now.
They don't want that kind of cash as he is out of contract in the summer. I reckon something between £8-£10m could get him. As HW said above, he ticks all the boxes for me, shame we're not interested in him.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Saw this on another website. It also said we are in a four way tussle for either Kamara or Fofana.

Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’d take Cantwell in a heartbeat, he’d be fantastic for us going forward.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:I’d take Cantwell in a heartbeat, he’d be fantastic for us going forward.
Agreed, I've rated him for a while now.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I’d take Cantwell in a heartbeat, he’d be fantastic for us going forward.
What's taken you so long? :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Costy wrote:
Davycc wrote:
What's taken you so long? :D
It's an age thing :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

Why? Might take him as a free, but not pay up the money Norwich could want. Have not done anything special expect the last time they where in PL. If you dont play him for relegation battle, then something must be off.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

saihtam wrote:
Why? Might take him as a free, but not pay up the money Norwich could want. Have not done anything special expect the last time they where in PL. If you dont play him for relegation battle, then something must be off.
I couldn’t care less how Norwich use him, maybe he’s a bit of a difficult player to manage, who knows.

What I see is a midfielder player who is very decent on the ball, knows how to grab a goal or two (not brilliant I admit) but he’s an attacking midfielder who I’ve always liked. It won’t happen, but I see him as perfect for us.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.