2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Wigan White »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:We don't look like we are going to be doing any business this Transfer Window. I am not at all exercised over that. Let's look forward to the rest of the season :D
Pardon, mate? :D
Go with what we have. No worries. Bring on the games....... :D
'exercised' was what confused me.
Have you not seen the William Friedkin film? :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Wigan White wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:We don't look like we are going to be doing any business this Transfer Window. I am not at all exercised over that. Let's look forward to the rest of the season :D
The Exercised? :lol:
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

Wigan White wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:
Is the word “concerned”?

I’m afraid I am concerned that we won’t sign anybody this window. If the team is as bad at scoring, as it was against Newcastle, during the rest of this season where are the wins/points going to come from? I really hope the club doesn’t come to regret this negative transfer activity (both in the summer and this January window) because we are in a very precarious position just above the relegation places.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

judy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:
Is the word “concerned”?

I’m afraid I am concerned that we won’t sign anybody this window. If the team is as bad at scoring, as it was against Newcastle, during the rest of this season where are the wins/points going to come from? I really hope the club doesn’t come to regret this negative transfer activity (both in the summer and this January window) because we are in a very precarious position just above the relegation places.
It's OK looking at one match but the previous two league games we scored 3 (arguably 4 at West Ham).
So to put a alternate theory if we repeat those games and score 3 every game we'll be just fine.

In reality it'll be somewhere in between I suspect.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

judy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:
Is the word “concerned”?
There are fans who are understandably worried about the inactivity and anxious that we have not gone after at least one striker and a midfielder.
Personally, I never had any expectations that Victor Orta &Co. would bring anyone in and cynically perhaps there is an employment of a huge smokescreen to make it seem like all manner of efforts are being made to bring players in whereas the reality is that it is all a very low key affair.
We have had a horrendous time with injuries and illness but my gut feeling is that we are over the worst of it. Some of the walking wounded are starting to appear on the scene again which is good. If anyone new does come in there will, in all likelihood be a long lead time before we see them in the team as MB will have his standard that they will have to meet so we might not see them until mid March! That seems a long period for our existing players to overcome whatever it is that is ailing them. I think we will have enough (just!) to stay up this season provided that there aren't too many careless displays as we saw in the Newcastle game. It'll be a rough ride.
The overriding issue about the lack of quality or strength in depth is not going to be addressed or in any way remedied in this transfer window. Even in the Summer Transfer Window I am doubtful that any more than a couple of new faces will be brought in. I am not going to complain.
Keep The Faith / WAL
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Leeds United are reported to have received an approach from 2 Bundesliga side Hamburg for the potential transfer of winger Crysencio Summerville.
Mad that we are talking possible outgoings again but still no incomings ... Thinning out the thinnest squad seems a great idea.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

blackbox2342 wrote:
Leeds United are reported to have received an approach from 2 Bundesliga side Hamburg for the potential transfer of winger Crysencio Summerville.
Mad that we are talking possible outgoings again but still no incomings ... Thinning out the thinnest squad seems a great idea.
If the report is correct it's not really us talking about outgoings we cant stop other Clubs such as Hamburg asking questions.

Saying that I think a loan move for Summerville wouldn't be a disaster as in all truth would get him some good experience at a decent level (assuming Bundesliga 2 is similar to our Championship). I just can't see him starting any games for us this season. We have Raphina, Harrison and James all rightfully above him as wingers and even if two of those get injured I think Dallas would play on the wing.
Summerville as a lot of potential and can be dynamic at times but also is guilty of inconsistency when I've watched him in the U23's, hattrick one game and looking unplayable and next game lots of blind alleys and giving the ball away (is improving his consistency though, far better than 12 month ago). Not trying to criticise but he's still learning and inconsistency is a common problem with lots of young players, regular first team football at a good standard would maintain his progress IMHO.

Saying that I also think he is capable of making a impact off the bench and feel having the option of that sort of player is a good thing.

So thinking its a case of long term development of the player against short term benefit of the team.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

As SW above ^ the juries still out with Summerville & a run of games in a first team might just be what he needs. In the five first team games he hasn’t shown a lot unlike Joffy, Hjelde, Cresswell, Drameh ( who) & Bate. Let’s see if Bielsa rubber stamps any potential loan deal.

As for us signing anyone the clock is ticking & the only strong rumour currently is that of Brenden Aaronson but as he’s in the US at the moment I can’t see this going ahead in this window. Frustrating but hey ho.
Winner of the Europa League
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

NottinghamWhite wrote:As SW above ^ the juries still out with Summerville & a run of games in a first team might just be what he needs. In the five first team games he hasn’t shown a lot unlike Joffy, Hjelde, Cresswell, Drameh ( who) & Bate. Let’s see if Bielsa rubber stamps any potential loan deal.
He needs a few good meals down him too! :lol:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

corkleedsmot wrote:I think it is a huge risk not to bring in at least 1 player, be it striker or midfielder.
"Fiorentina have submitted an opening bid to Basel in order to sign Brazilian striker Arthur Cabral. €14m guaranteed plus €2m bonuses!" from Fab Romano

We were interested in Cabral and the cost was closer to 30 last year. If he can be got for that price then why don't we move on him. It is crazy we don't have a min of 2 strikers that can play Bamfords role effectively. Even if Bamford is fit we need a striker. He can't play every minute either way.
But isnt this where Joffy is supposed to come into play?
If we buy a striker like Cabral, then effectively that will harm Gelhardt and give him even less game time.