2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

Westminster wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
saihtam wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I’d take Cantwell in a heartbeat, he’d be fantastic for us going forward.
Why? Might take him as a free, but not pay up the money Norwich could want. Have not done anything special expect the last time they where in PL. If you dont play him for relegation battle, then something must be off.
I couldn’t care less how Norwich use him, maybe he’s a bit of a difficult player to manage, who knows.

What I see is a midfielder player who is very decent on the ball, knows how to grab a goal or two (not brilliant I admit) but he’s an attacking midfielder who I’ve always liked. It won’t happen, but I see him as perfect for us.
I agree. I like Cantwell. I think he'd improve us.
Looks like he’s joining Championship side, Bournemouth :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Summerville staying

https://twitter.com/marshyleeds/status/ ... 50208?s=21
Good news.

I think we've probably all resigned ourselves to no incomings or outgoings today. Selling Phillips or Raphinha now would be madness, and neither would want to go to West Ham either way.

Frankly I'm pretty p***ed off with this window. It's all very well saying that the right players weren't available and that signing new players would block u23 pathways to the first team, but there's a reason Bielsa has been managing Gelhardt and Bate's minutes so closely - they're simply not ready yet. We really needed a versatile CM who could compete with Klich/Rodrigo, and I genuinely worry that failure to sign one will come back to bite us with injuries over the course of the rest of the season.

Edit: One interesting new rumour (Mike McGrath) - we've apparently enquired about taking Kenedy on loan from Chelsea. Having signed him a lot of times on FM back in the day I'd like to say I'm excited by this, but I do worry about is fitness and mental capacity to adapt after effective 4 seasons stagnating at Chelsea or underwhelming at Newcastle. That being said, I can't go against my view above that another versatile creative body in this threadbare squad would be of real value.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

Leonickroberts wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Summerville staying

https://twitter.com/marshyleeds/status/ ... 50208?s=21
Good news.

I think we've probably all resigned ourselves to no incomings or outgoings today. Selling Phillips or Raphinha now would be madness, and neither would want to go to West Ham either way.

Frankly I'm pretty p***ed off with this window. It's all very well saying that the right players weren't available and that signing new players would block u23 pathways to the first team, but there's a reason Bielsa has been managing Gelhardt and Bate's minutes so closely - they're simply not ready yet. We really needed a versatile CM who could compete with Klich/Rodrigo, and I genuinely worry that failure to sign one will come back to bite us with injuries over the course of the rest of the season.

Edit: One interesting new rumour (Mike McGrath) - we've apparently enquired about taking Kenedy on loan from Chelsea. Having signed him a lot of times on FM back in the day I'd like to say I'm excited by this, but I do worry about is fitness and mental capacity to adapt after effective 4 seasons stagnating at Chelsea or underwhelming at Newcastle. That being said, I can't go against my view above that another versatile creative body in this threadbare squad would be of real value.
Kennedy is versatile so if you can get a loan till end of the season, gets an extra experienced body in and you can always then use the summer market.

I genuinely think getting anyone in would be good for morale though if it is between late moves for Moses, Kent and Kennedy then Kennedy should be good as midfield bodies are undoubtedly most important.
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

Divock Origi could be made available by Liverpool. Would love to see that!
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

Finding it hard to understand why we aren’t appearing to do any business before the window shuts.

Not everyone has to cost a fortune, talk of Fabio Carvalho/Todd Cantwell and Aaron Ramsey all potentially moving, surely one of these could do a job for us. Plus 2 of the 3 are only likely to increase in value after working with Bielsa at their age.
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

Huddersfield have just announced loan signing of Tino Anjorin, a midfielder from Chelsea, could be one in one out? O’Brien anyone?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

PC71 wrote:Finding it hard to understand why we aren’t appearing to do any business before the window shuts.

Not everyone has to cost a fortune, talk of Fabio Carvalho/Todd Cantwell and Aaron Ramsey all potentially moving, surely one of these could do a job for us
Tend to agree, to do absolutely nothing is a gamble. Time will tell, but Cantwell looked a no brainer to me.

Looks like Ramsey is going to Rangers.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

PC71 wrote:Finding it hard to understand why we aren’t appearing to do any business before the window shuts.
Not everyone has to cost a fortune, talk of Fabio Carvalho/Todd Cantwell and Aaron Ramsey all potentially moving, surely one of these could do a job for us. Plus 2 of the 3 are only likely to increase in value after working with Bielsa at their age.
The Powers That Be decided that doing business in this Transfer Window is not necessary / there is not an urgent need / finding players that would improve our squad at this time of the season is very difficult. Angus Kinnear came out and said as much about a week or so ago. In them we have to trust. That is where we are at. Hey Ho :)
Keep The Faith / WAL
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Westminster wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
saihtam wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I’d take Cantwell in a heartbeat, he’d be fantastic for us going forward.
Why? Might take him as a free, but not pay up the money Norwich could want. Have not done anything special expect the last time they where in PL. If you dont play him for relegation battle, then something must be off.
I couldn’t care less how Norwich use him, maybe he’s a bit of a difficult player to manage, who knows.

What I see is a midfielder player who is very decent on the ball, knows how to grab a goal or two (not brilliant I admit) but he’s an attacking midfielder who I’ve always liked. It won’t happen, but I see him as perfect for us.
I agree. I like Cantwell. I think he'd improve us.
Looks like he’s joining Championship side, Bournemouth :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
says it all really , he would probably have chosen bournemouth anyway,
i dont think bielsa has that much pulling power in the transfer market tbh.