2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by PhoenixUnited »

I know we are short on numbers but I really think we should try and move Rodrigo on. Regardless of all the excuses about injury ans illness etc. it is obvious that he has failed to bring anything to the table and I can't see that that is ever going to change. I'd rather give a youngster like Lewis Bate a go

We paid a high fee and he is a high earner, if not the highest. Would suit all parties especially if rumours are accurate that he has told MB that he'd like to go (?to Barcelona). Be lucky to get £15m for him :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

PhoenixUnited wrote:I know we are short on numbers but I really think we should try and move Rodrigo on. Regardless of all the excuses about injury ans illness etc. it is obvious that he has failed to bring anything to the table and I can't see that that is ever going to change. I'd rather give a youngster like Lewis Bate a go

We paid a high fee and he is a high earner, if not the highest. Would suit all parties especially if rumours are accurate that he has told MB that he'd like to go (?to Barcelona). Be lucky to get £15m for him :roll:
Put £15mil towards a genuine attacking midfielder. I.like Rodrigo and think he is a good player but we have never used him right and he was never right for our team as a result.
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

Barlow Boy wrote:
saihtam wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I’d take Cantwell in a heartbeat, he’d be fantastic for us going forward.
Why? Might take him as a free, but not pay up the money Norwich could want. Have not done anything special expect the last time they where in PL. If you dont play him for relegation battle, then something must be off.
I couldn’t care less how Norwich use him, maybe he’s a bit of a difficult player to manage, who knows.

What I see is a midfielder player who is very decent on the ball, knows how to grab a goal or two (not brilliant I admit) but he’s an attacking midfielder who I’ve always liked. It won’t happen, but I see him as perfect for us.
I agree. I like Cantwell. I think he'd improve us.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

OMG it must be happening, start the rumour mill up. Nahitan Nandez to Leeds. He's not in the squad today for Cagliari. He's not even listed as injured or indeed as a missing player according to flashscore :D

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

23 days into the window and still no signings. I can't get my head around that at all. Some will say it's difficult to sign players in Jan but is it really? I'm not convinced.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

blackbox2342 wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:I know we are short on numbers but I really think we should try and move Rodrigo on. Regardless of all the excuses about injury ans illness etc. it is obvious that he has failed to bring anything to the table and I can't see that that is ever going to change. I'd rather give a youngster like Lewis Bate a go

Put £15mil towards a genuine attacking midfielder. I.like Rodrigo and think he is a good player but we have never used him right and he was never right for our team as a result.
I agree with you about Rodrigo - I know all clubs won't play the same style etc - But you know that in another team he will play a different role - In many ways I'd like to have seen him play along side Bamford - Not sure this ever happened, certainly not on a regular basis - But we barely ever play that 2 striker format
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Thing is no one’s really signing anyone are they, not saying we shouldn’t but it’s becoming the trend.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Thing is no one’s really signing anyone are they, not saying we shouldn’t but it’s becoming the trend.
Villa have done some business, and it was inevitable that Newcastle would, but otherwise I agree it’s fairly quiet.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

DominanceUK wrote:23 days into the window and still no signings. I can't get my head around that at all. Some will say it's difficult to sign players in Jan but is it really? I'm not convinced.
It’s not hard to just sign some players. It’s hard if you try to sign the right players.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Polkadot wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:23 days into the window and still no signings. I can't get my head around that at all. Some will say it's difficult to sign players in Jan but is it really? I'm not convinced.
It’s not hard to just sign some players. It’s hard if you try to sign the right players.
:thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders