2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by corkleedsmot »

blackbox2342 wrote:
The Athletic journalist Phil Hay has mooted the possibility of Tyler Roberts being sent out on loan by Leeds United in the last week of the January transfer window.
If this happens then we would have to have bodies lined up surely?
Where is this from. Makes no sense..
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

corkleedsmot wrote:
blackbox2342 wrote:
The Athletic journalist Phil Hay has mooted the possibility of Tyler Roberts being sent out on loan by Leeds United in the last week of the January transfer window.
Where is this from. Makes no sense..
It was from a Q and A Phil Hay did.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

blackbox2342 wrote:
Maybe we have but I think it would make sense for Sam Greenwood to take Roberts squad position just as Summerville replaced Poveda when he went on loan.
That assumes young Sam is returning to fitness.

Position wise like Roberts Sam can play up top as he did against West Ham prior to getting injured or behind the main striker as he often does for the U23's.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Leeds United, by Phil Hay
Leeds’ prime target is Brenden Aaronson, the United States international at Red Bull Salzburg. They have submitted two bids for him but neither has been accepted and Leeds have a week to decide whether or not to try to force the issue

One way or another, Leeds want Aaronson at Elland Road but they are willing to wait until the summer to sign him if Salzburg maintain their stance that the midfielder is not for sale in this window. Aaronson is very interested in a move to England but Salzburg are under no pressure to let him go.
If the Aaronson move doesn’t materialise, a quiet end to January is likely at Leeds. Even though the club have long needed extra resources in midfield, they are not in the market for short-term loans or signings to tide them over until the end of the term. Aaronson is very much in line with the model of recruitment at Elland Road — they have followed him for some time and the 21-year-old would, in theory, be arriving well before his peak
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

If I had to put money on it now, I'd say we're going to be entering Feb with no new faces. Salzburg are obviously playing for time on our second bid for Aaronson, and it's clear Leeds don't have any other targets they want in lieu of him. Following the abject second half on Sat, coupled with injuries and our seeming inability to create anything through the middle of the park, I'd be pretty worried by this state of affairs, but perhaps I'm kneejerking off a bad result.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

I think it is a huge risk not to bring in at least 1 player, be it striker or midfielder.
"Fiorentina have submitted an opening bid to Basel in order to sign Brazilian striker Arthur Cabral. €14m guaranteed plus €2m bonuses!" from Fab Romano

We were interested in Cabral and the cost was closer to 30 last year. If he can be got for that price then why don't we move on him. It is crazy we don't have a min of 2 strikers that can play Bamfords role effectively. Even if Bamford is fit we need a striker. He can't play every minute either way.

Greenwood does not look ready to improve the senior team yet. very nice player though.

I love the philosophy of buying a lot of young talent but we had 13 senior players at the weekend. Adding one midfielder or one striker is not going to destroy whole pathways. The pathways should be for challenging for a position in the squadnot holding it down. I just think Radz does not want to spend money as he is selling nexgt year. I don't like the 49ers. I think they are here to milk Leeds like most Americans do a club.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

We don't look like we are going to be doing any business this Transfer Window. I am not at all exercised over that. Let's look forward to the rest of the season :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

PhoenixUnited wrote:We don't look like we are going to be doing any business this Transfer Window. I am not at all exercised over that. Let's look forward to the rest of the season :D
Pardon, mate? :D
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:We don't look like we are going to be doing any business this Transfer Window. I am not at all exercised over that. Let's look forward to the rest of the season :D
Go with what we have. No worries. Bring on the games....... :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
Go with what we have. No worries. Bring on the games....... :D
'exercised' was what confused me.