Alioski: Stay or Go

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Alioski - Stay Or Go

Poll ended at 12 Jun 2021, 08:01

Want Him To Stay
66%
Want Him To Leave
6%
Not Bothered Either Way
28%

Total votes: 47

NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Alioski: Stay or Go

Post by NIK MOT »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
NIK MOT wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:Alioski is like any other footballer he will chase the money.
I think this would apply to most people. Anyone gets offered something more than they currently are on or better than they might be in the future would be foolish to ignore any option that would secure his / her future. It is just human nature
I'd agree in general but not with the 'secure his/her future', it's not like he isn't wealthy already or that whatever his next wage is will radically change his life or lifestyle. And he is almost certainly on fine money already and has been offered a 'good' contract to stay. But anyway, if he goes he goes, I just hope that if he does it isn't to that Turkish club - whether anyone thinks I'm a divot for thinking that isn't really the point, he will cause a lot of ill feeling if he moves there and that will be a real shame as he has been a great servant to the team, just like the vast majority have since Bielsa joined.
I hear what you are saying ANS and agree completely about the Turkish club. I have said it before, if he decides to go there he becomes a "non person" in my eyes and I will never mention his name ever again.

Regarding the money side of it I don't know that anything is ever enough! :D :roll:
To me it is hard to read and not to comment your statement: "I have said it before, if he decides to go there he becomes a "non person" in my eyes and I will never mention his name ever again." Simply why? Alioski left his soul on the pitch every minute he played for us! Always cheerful and ready to do exactly what Bielsa told him! I sincerely hope he will stay with us, but if he decides to go, even in that Turkish club, I will honestly wish him the very best of the luck and thank him for every drop of sweat he shed wearing Leeds shirt!

MOT MOT forever
No problem with anything you say about Alioski, NIK and I agree and accept everything you say about him in a Leeds shirt. In actual fact my comment isn't to do with Alioski but about that particular football club. IMHO there is no place in football for an awful club like that and sections of their appalling fans (accepting that we should not all the fans with the same brush).
I share your sentiment and feelings about that club (I am on the same frequency with you there), but wouldn't stretch that dislike to Alioski! He is "our lad".