Addicted

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Addicted

Post by johnnysmiles »

Anyone else here spend as much time as I do in summer CONSTANTLY refreshing https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footb ... eds+United

It's scary to think how much I could achieve in life with the time I waste looking at fake news stories such as Leeds looking at Danny Rose or Leeds being linked with a player just because he's from Argentina or being clickbaited into a story about us selling our top scorer (thinking it's Bamford) only to discover we're considering sending Sam Greenwood out on loan.

And yet I still do it!

It's an addiction and I need help!
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Addicted

Post by DominanceUK »

johnnysmiles wrote:Anyone else here spend as much time as I do in summer CONSTANTLY refreshing https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footb ... eds+United

It's scary to think how much I could achieve in life with the time I waste looking at fake news stories such as Leeds looking at Danny Rose or Leeds being linked with a player just because he's from Argentina or being clickbaited into a story about us selling our top scorer (thinking it's Bamford) only to discover we're considering sending Sam Greenwood out on loan.

And yet I still do it!

Did you have the same addiciton when we was in League 1, and through all the turbulent times we have endured? If not, I suspect you're riding the crest of the Bielsa wave that all fans are loving atm!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnnysmiles wrote:Anyone else here spend as much time as I do in summer CONSTANTLY refreshing https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footb ... eds+United

And yet I still do it!

When I retired my wife questioned how much time I wasted googling Leeds United, so I started learning Spanish around 4 months ago, I’m useless at it but I don’t waste time looking at fake news any longer :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

That has far too many click-bait stories on there.
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by johnnysmiles »

DominanceUK wrote:

And yet I still do it!

Did you have the same addiciton when we was in League 1, and through all the turbulent times we have endured? If not, I suspect you're riding the crest of the Bielsa wave that all fans are loving atm!
I've always been addicted to Leeds... it's a curse!!! I have been living in Hong Kong for 15 years so watching the games has always been a challenge. Unfortunately when we were in League One, I had not discovered News Now (if it even existed) or Hesgoal which has been a lifesaver... back in the League One days, my match day experience consisted of watching the match page on BBC and waiting for updates... kind of like Ceefax with more details... a truly horrible way to follow your team.

After Radrizzani bought the club, I was able to pay for most games on an individual basis via LUTV and I have only missed about three games in all that time... and 8 pm kick offs can be at 4 am in the morning here, and getting up at that time to see us under Heckingbottom should convince you that while we're all surely riding the crest of Bielsa's magnificent wave (!) I have followed us as much as possible within my circumstances whether we were in League One or the Premier League...

I know News Now is mostly clickbait, but at least during the season my addiction can be fed by games, in the close season I'm vulnerable!

Well done Barlow Boy for learning Spanish... I think we've all learnt a little bit more Spanish in the last three years!
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

I must confess I read NewsNow every day and several times a day! It’s an obsession, or at least being a Leeds fan is! I’m also trying to learn Spanish but the brain doesn’t seem to want to retain knowledge these days! I really don’t like the close(d) season when Leeds aren’t playing. I haven’t even got any holidays abroad booked to pass some of the time. At least there are the Euros to follow this summer (which would have been far better if Bamford had have been playing in them) and then the Olympics (perhaps?) which I think may be on after the football season has begun - I think they are in August.

I’m rambling again. Here’s to a happy and virus free summer everyone!