Crowdie collection - advice needed please!

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Crowdie collection - advice needed please!

Post by Ricardo Da Lepp »

In a rush of blood last week, I decided that I really didn't want my Crowdie to end up in the bin.

So, I have booked a collection time this Friday, which will necessitate driving up from Norfolk, possibly even the night before.
My question is, where do I park for Crowdie collection which is from the East stand LR2C gate?

I've only ever parked on match day and that was in the official car park, which I doubt will be open (if it is still in use at all).

Can anyone please advise me where to try to park?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Crowdie collection - advice needed please!

Post by Barlow Boy »

Ricardo Da Lepp wrote:In a rush of blood last week, I decided that I really didn't want my Crowdie to end up in the bin.

So, I have booked a collection time this Friday, which will necessitate driving up from Norfolk, possibly even the night before.
My question is, where do I park for Crowdie collection which is from the East stand LR2C gate?

I've only ever parked on match day and that was in the official car park, which I doubt will be open (if it is still in use at all).

Can anyone please advise me where to try to park?
You can usually park on the tarmac in front of the East Stand on non-match days, it’s a bit of a free for all, but I’ve never had any difficulty when I’ve just been nipping into the shop. Otherwise, you can park in the Peacock Pub car park, and just cross over, or there are a couple of side streets around, it’s permit parking only but I doubt they will be monitored much on a non-match day (I’m not paying any parking fine of you get one :D).

Just bear in mind, the Pavilion is being used as a vaccination centre, so it may be a little busier than normal (if they are vaccinating on Friday).
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

That's great - thank you!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Just as an aside. I remember an idea that was muted where large packages could be sent on express coaches at very reasonable prices ( I think it may have been National Express Coaches) Would have been an ideal solution for you.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Davycc wrote:Just as an aside. I remember an idea that was muted where large packages could be sent on express coaches at very reasonable prices ( I think it may have been National Express Coaches) Would have been an ideal solution for you.

They wouldn't offer a postage option, which many people have been asking for. In fairness there are a huge number of them.
Despite diversions, I made it up to the Premier Inn at 1100 on Thursday night, and collected the Crowdie this morning (Friday).
I was relieved to see I wasn't the only one going, although there were some people who thought we were queuing for the Covid vaccination centre.
I did grab a space outside the shop but was asked to move to the superstore car park. It was all pretty well organized and I got the chance to visit the store in person.
It took over 4 hours to get back however as there seemed to be huge amounts of roadworks for a half term and bank holiday week, but, pilgrimage has been made!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Ricardo Da Lepp wrote:
Davycc wrote:Just as an aside. I remember an idea that was muted where large packages could be sent on express coaches at very reasonable prices ( I think it may have been National Express Coaches) Would have been an ideal solution for you.

They wouldn't offer a postage option, which many people have been asking for. In fairness there are a huge number of them.
Despite diversions, I made it up to the Premier Inn at 1100 on Thursday night, and collected the Crowdie this morning (Friday).
I was relieved to see I wasn't the only one going, although there were some people who thought we were queuing for the Covid vaccination centre.
I did grab a space outside the shop but was asked to move to the superstore car park. It was all pretty well organized and I got the chance to visit the store in person.
It took over 4 hours to get back however as there seemed to be huge amounts of roadworks for a half term and bank holiday week, but, pilgrimage has been made!
Needs pride of place now after that :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Ricardo Da Lepp wrote:

Glad you got it mate, sounds like a bit of an ordeal, but these are the things us fans do for our club :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

It will certainly be a "Collectors" item now Ricardo... ;)