Premiership expectations 2021-2022

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Expectations

Relegated
No votes
Low table but no relegated
4%
Mid table
41%
EL places
51%
CL places
4%
Champions
No votes

Total votes: 51

guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Premiership expectations 2021-2022

Post by guitarmark »

Just had a quick look again at end of season league table for a reminder - I think it is fair to see that we exceeded the expectations of many fans, in our first year back in the PL - I was not expecting a relegation fight - But 59 points and the style we played was good news - I think if we match this next year it won't be a bad season - Naturally we all want improvement and some success, but we need to 'bed' our way in and create a foundation that will last for years/ever

Another 8 points would get us in Europe - But as and when we return to Europe then it would be nice to compete with credibility

But look again at the table and see we won 18 times - That is only 1/2/3 wins behind the likes of LFC, CFC and MUFC, so not much wrong with that - Yet we lost 15 times which is the highest in the top 10 places with only 5 draws - So another season with 18 wins will be a good season but turn some close defeats into draws - The 2nd half of the season we improved the defence and this will hopefully put is in the right direction for another season

Will we win again at City ? - Doubtful - Did we deserve to loose twice to W Ham, Wolves and Brighton, then no - Can we avoid defeat a home to Spurs, Arsenal, City, LFC , Chelsea and MUFC again, then probably not, but we can equally pick up a win as well as a defeat - Can we turn a few bad defeats at those clubs into a draw - Maybe

Granted we might have been a touch lucky on a couple of games, to get 59 points, but equally we missed out on a few games - So 59-69 points should be the target with eyes on Europe - But add a good cup run and the chance of a day at Wembley is also possible and our best chance, initially, for any silver wear which Bielsa and the lads deserve

1 or 2 key signings in key positions should certainly help - Hope for a good season and the return of fans and to see/hear ER rocking again
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Aqua- »

Barlow Boy wrote:I am more than happy with ‘same again’ for this season, a comfortable mid table position.

Radrizzani said himself we need to establish ourselves for 2/3 years before we start even thinking about Europe, and I think he’s correct. At that stage, we should have a big enough squad to compete on all levels, but we aren’t there yet for me.

I would like to see us have a serious tilt at the carabao cup this time round though.
same here. a solid mid table leeds will be able to attract the right players. This season was phenomenal, but a 2nd season as exciting as this will prove every footballer out there that does'nt know our history that leeds are here to stay and that we are building to the top.

Obviously will be nice to finish higher than we already did this season, but i wont mind finishing even 11-13th as long as it will be as comfortable as this season and the we will be working hard as much as this season.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

With hopefully a full Elland Road next season can we expect the twelfth man be a deciding factor into getting a few extra points on the board ?
Winner of the Europa League
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

NottinghamWhite wrote:With hopefully a full Elland Road next season can we expect the twelfth man be a deciding factor into getting a few extra points on the board ?
100% NW. A packed ER which our fans can make extremely intimitading for the opposition, along with the MB affect - it'll be huge. Also, not many PL players will have played at ER with the atmosphere we generate so definitely positives all round which hopefully means more points imo.