My 3 best Leeds teams of all time...?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: My 3 best Leeds teams of all time...?

Post by johnh »

Don Revie would have to be manager. He would have a team sheet printed. There would be one name printed on, followed by the space for 10 more names. The printed name would be JOHN CHARLES.
I once played against Don Revie.
Gamma_heavychain
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Gamma_heavychain »

Clarke One Nil wrote:Paul Madeley has to be in any first eleven that is dominated by Revie-era players. He played in almost every game during that time.
yes but I delete who? Cooper?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Clarke One Nil wrote:Paul Madeley has to be in any first eleven that is dominated by Revie-era players. He played in almost every game during that time.
What position though ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

NottinghamWhite wrote: How would the likes of McQueen & Jordan fared in the Legend stakes if they had stayed at the club instead of going to the “Darkside”
I still have total respect for Joe Jordan. Was a good player and he gave his all every game. The new contract Leeds United offered him was worth a bag of peanuts, he played on without a contract, still giving his all and risking injury till the right offer came along. Joe was Leeds through and through, but the disrespect he received regarding his contract, well you can only push someones loyalty so far. A professional sportsman, earning years are short, got to look out for yourself.
McQueen on the other hand I believe was 'Tapped up', with all the temptations a club like Man united could offer and screw Leeds.
I was living in the Whinmoor/ringroad area of Leeds at the time, used to see McQueen walk his dog occasionally, what was "Hi" and cheers from the local kids when they saw him, turned to throwing stones at him and the dog, 'bout sums it up.
Clarke One Nil
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Clarke One Nil »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
What position though ;)
That’s a really tough question, as it seems unfair to not select anyone, and Don presumably had someone or other injured or out of form most weeks. Madeley played most often in central defence, so maybe a modern-day compromise would be to rotate two out of three of Madeley, Charlton, and Hunter.
Clarke One Nil
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Clarke One Nil »

Okay, here are my two best teams not counting players from before my time. Don’t hold me to this as it might change tomorrow.

—————

Harvey

Reaney
[rotate two out of three from Madeley, Charlton, Hunter]
Cooper

Lorimer
Giles
Bremner
Gray

Clarke
Jones

—————