Leeds United Ticket Exchange Scheme Launched

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Leeds United Ticket Exchange Scheme Launched

Post by Barlow Boy »

Fair play to the club for trying, but I doubt many ST holders will sell their seats back, they will just give them to family or friends when they cannot attend. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained and if it means a few members can get tickets at least that’s something.....

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/ticket ... -22-season
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Leeds United Ticket Exchange Scheme Launched

Post by NottinghamWhite »

With a lot of season ticket holders not actually living in Leeds or the surrounding areas this will be ideal for them as there’s so many different kick off times. I know several fans based in the South East who previously just took the hit but now they can get a bit of cash back. Once again the clubs thinking of the fans as well as putting a few quid extra into the coffers. Win, win.
Winner of the Europa League
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Lots of caveats:
- you can only sell once all general admission tickets have sold out
- you only get the credit if they actually sell your seat

So if you decide seeing Wolves on a wet Wednesday, it isn't as simple as just deciding to get your money back.

What if it isn't sold, can you go, can you allow someone else to go for free?

Maybe the club should allow a named substitute, so if you can't go you can let someone else use your ticket and you have informed the club that persons name.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Nic wrote:Lots of caveats:
- you can only sell once all general admission tickets have sold out
- you only get the credit if they actually sell your seat

So if you decide seeing Wolves on a wet Wednesday, it isn't as simple as just deciding to get your money back.

What if it isn't sold, can you go, can you allow someone else to go for free?

Maybe the club should allow a named substitute, so if you can't go you can let someone else use your ticket and you have informed the club that persons name.
There’s zero chance of us not selling out every game next season, even Wolves on a wet Wednesday, the stadium will be full every single game. The club will definitely sell your seat too, we have 20,000 fans on the season ticket waiting list, someone will always buy the seat.

The named substitute is something I’ve mentioned previously, or as I call it sharing a season ticket. In reality many do already anyway, a group of fellas near me are always interchanging from one game to the next. That might change now though with Covid, I suspect there will be some sort of check on the turnstile like we did for the West Brom game.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Barlow Boy wrote:.., a group of fellas near me are always interchanging from one game to the next. That might change now though with Covid, I suspect there will be some sort of check on the turnstile like we did for the West Brom game.
That will really affect overseas visitors. There's a core of Irish Whites who go to every match, but a bunch more share their season tickets between them. Hard to fly/ferry over for every match, but they've been doing it for 20+ years.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

kk white wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:.., a group of fellas near me are always interchanging from one game to the next. That might change now though with Covid, I suspect there will be some sort of check on the turnstile like we did for the West Brom game.
That will really affect overseas visitors. There's a core of Irish Whites who go to every match, but a bunch more share their season tickets between them. Hard to fly/ferry over for every match, but they've been doing it for 20+ years.
Time will tell, but I can’t see them allowing non vaccinated fans into the ground, certainly not in the close term, so there will need to be some sort of check that the named person on the ST, is the same person who provides evidence of vaccination. It was simple for the one off WBA game, but long term it will affect loads of fans who share tickets.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Hoping to get to a few more games this season as other commitments have now dwindled and was always the plan. Back in the day had a Season Ticket for over 20 years but other things took over and just went to games as and when, its got harder (pre-covid) to get tickets in recent times.

Put my name on the Season Ticket waiting list when they introduced it before Covid took over but until I top the list it'll be about applying for each match as and when i'm free, the season ticket share scheme may help me.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.