Alioski

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Alioski

Post by NottinghamWhite »

He’s left the building good luck to him unless he joins the T*rks.

Club bids fond farewell to Gjanni.
Leeds United can confirm Ezgjan Alioski’s four-year spell with Leeds United has come to an end.

Whilst the club made offers for Gjanni to stay, we have been unable to reach an agreement with his representatives and his existing contract expired last week.

Director of Football Victor Orta has praised Gjanni for the role the North Macedonia international played during an historic period for the club.

“I knew Gjanni was going to be special the moment he walked into the building,” said Orta.

“The emotion I saw in his face and the face of his parents when signed his contract here at Elland Road was a beautiful moment and I was sure he was going to give everything for Leeds United.

“Even with this in mind he exceeded my expectations.

“Gjanni has been exceptional both on and off the field, his teammates will miss him greatly, as will all of the staff at Thorp Arch and Elland Road.

“We thank Gjanni for all of his efforts and we wish him every success for the future.”

Alioski made a total of 171 appearances for the Whites, scoring 22 goals over four years.

He made his Leeds debut on 6th August 2017, helping the Whites to a 3-2 victory over Bolton Wanderers and ended his first campaign with the Goal of the Season, for his strike against Nottingham Forest.

In the 2019/20 campaign, Alioski helped the Whites return to the Premier League for the first time in 16-years, playing a key role, featuring 39 times as Marcelo Bielsa’s side won the Sky Bet Championship title.

Last season, he helped Leeds to a top half finish in the Premier League, scoring twice and playing 36 times in the top-flight.

Everyone at the club wishes him well and we will all remember the special memories created.

Thank you Gjanni.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Alioski

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Agree good luck but also if he goes to join the Turks I’m finished with him.
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

Sad to see him go and wish him well wherever he goes,He helped us a lot to where we are now.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Metro1962 wrote:Sad to see him go and wish him well wherever he goes,He helped us a lot to where we are now.
Agreed Metro. Will miss him, but in a lot of ways he wasn't good enough. Good luck to the lad wherever he ends up.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Looks like the left back spot is sorted now then with this news. Good luck Gjanni.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Good watch that little piece, please, please, please don’t go ‘there’ Alioski and you’ll be remembered with fondness for a very long time.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

This might be an unpopular opinion, but the antics that some considered amusing and characterful might also be considered to be childish, irresponsible and unprofessional. I think he stepped over that line a few times.

While I don’t doubt that he gave his all in every game, and he also scored a few cracking goals, he was often guilty of giving the ball away too easily, or doing some frankly stupid things. I have to say that I often found him frustrating to watch.

So, a mixed bag from me, I’m not disappointed to see him moving on. Thanks for your effort and your goals, but I’m hoping to see a more consistent and professional replacement at LB next season.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Otherworld wrote:This might be an unpopular opinion, but the antics that some considered amusing and characterful might also be considered to be childish, irresponsible and unprofessional. I think he stepped over that line a few times.

While I don’t doubt that he gave his all in every game, and he also scored a few cracking goals, he was often guilty of giving the ball away too easily, or doing some frankly stupid things. I have to say that I often found him frustrating to watch.

So, a mixed bag from me, I’m not disappointed to see him moving on. Thanks for your effort and your goals, but I’m hoping to see a more consistent and professional replacement at LB next season.
I get where you are coming from and I agree that some of his antics and play at times was not of the best. However, I think you have to step back a little bit and consider that he was part of a team that collectively gelled together, the rough with the smooth and all the personalities rolled into a team that roared out of the Championship after an overly long wait. It takes a mix of all sorts to make a great team

He just got on with his job without complaint when he was left out for example and if he made mistakes he simply moved on and kept giving his all for the cause. Anyway good luck to him I say. Overall I think the fans will always have a soft spot for him for his efforts for the cause. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep The Faith / WAL
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Big part of us getting out of the Championship and establishing ourselves in the Prem.
Good Luck to him.

Yet reading some of the comments such as "not good enough" only suggests to me some fans still don't get the Bielsa system. Fullbacks are attackers with far more freedom than the traditional FBs, basically a 2nd winger.

Loved Alioski to me part of our history.