The Happy Warrior - Eric Stephenson - book by his daughter

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

The Happy Warrior - Eric Stephenson - book by his daughter

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Hi all - I found out recently that this book existed, it then took me quite a while to locate copies for sale.

I actually bought a new and signed copy from the author, Jan Rippin, Eric was her dad. It's a lovely book, honestly, undoubtedly written from the heart of a lady who lost her father in WW2. Eric played with distinction for Leeds and whilst the book is not all about football, there is plenty of the club and the city within, and some good photos.

I don't know Jan but did ask her if she'd like me to review the book and maybe shift a few copies for her. TBH she wasn't that bothered, in a nice way I should add :), but if you do want a copy then PM me or say so here and I'll send you her details to write to. My copy was around £11 which includes delivery.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The Happy Warrior - Eric Stephenson - book by his daught

Post by Deebo »

A great book! I do hope more people buy a copy. We even added a banner to celebrate Eric that you may see at the top right from time to time... "The Happy Warrior" one of the historical series that Rigger made.

I listed it on our Leeds United bibliography years back, are the address details still the same ONS?

http://www.lufctalk.com/resources/leeds ... a-506.html