Injuries 2021-2022

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
IrelandLeeds
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Injuries 2021-2022

Post by IrelandLeeds »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
John Dane wrote:To be honest, I’m just envious, all I can contribute to this discussion is stories about my increasing osteoarthritis… :(
And my sincere apology on my American/English, it is NOT a tribute to JM, but it is some 40 years ago I left school and I watch too many American tv- series :D :D
:D

Well apparently it isn't an Americanisation, says Sniffy, so it's me who should apologise. So, sorry John (Not Sniffer though :lol: )

Yes John D, I have osteoarthritis in my hips, had two injections in the right last year but there are far many more people who have it bad. My lovely lady has RA too, and that's nasty as many folk know. I just really miss playing footie, and even jogging, that's my gripe, not the chronic pain or discomfort which is just part of life really, daft as that might sound.
Sorry to hear of your ongoing difficulties, and those of your better half. Good to hear your positive attitude, hopefully we can both enjoy another year in the premier league.
I have come through a difficult illness, and thankfully things are positive again. There are a lot of good people out there. Keep up the good work, and best wishes in life.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

IrelandLeeds wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
John Dane wrote:To be honest, I’m just envious, all I can contribute to this discussion is stories about my increasing osteoarthritis… :(
And my sincere apology on my American/English, it is NOT a tribute to JM, but it is some 40 years ago I left school and I watch too many American tv- series :D :D
:D

Well apparently it isn't an Americanisation, says Sniffy, so it's me who should apologise. So, sorry John (Not Sniffer though :lol: )

Yes John D, I have osteoarthritis in my hips, had two injections in the right last year but there are far many more people who have it bad. My lovely lady has RA too, and that's nasty as many folk know. I just really miss playing footie, and even jogging, that's my gripe, not the chronic pain or discomfort which is just part of life really, daft as that might sound.
Sorry to hear of your ongoing difficulties, and those of your better half. Good to hear your positive attitude, hopefully we can both enjoy another year in the premier league.
I have come through a difficult illness, and thankfully things are positive again. There are a lot of good people out there. Keep up the good work, and best wishes in life.
Thank you, all the best to you and yours :clap: 8-)
IrelandLeeds
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by IrelandLeeds »

No problem. I’ll be hoping for a good result v Arsenal today. The start of a recovery.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Luke Ayling has had knee surgery, expected to start training again in the Autumn.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Barlow Boy wrote:Luke Ayling has had knee surgery, expected to start training again in the Autumn.
saw that on JM's interview - Surely a chance for Cody to be given a shot and show us, what he did for Cardiff
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

guitarmark wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Luke Ayling has had knee surgery, expected to start training again in the Autumn.
saw that on JM's interview - Surely a chance for Cody to be given a shot and show us, what he did for Cardiff
Not sure doing well for a lower Championship club equates to overtaking such as Robin Koch or Jamie Shackleton for such a big game.

Cody has possibly improved but remember him getting a run and looked a bag of nerves but got better as the game went on. Undoubted talent but not for this game imho.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Selby White wrote:
guitarmark wrote:
Not sure doing well for a lower Championship club equates to overtaking such as Robin Koch or Jamie Shackleton for such a big game.

Cody has possibly improved but remember him getting a run and looked a bag of nerves but got better as the game went on. Undoubted talent but not for this game imho.
He isn't allowed play lads although I think he wouldn't be out of place. Welsh seemed to love him
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

corkleedsmot wrote:
Selby White wrote:
guitarmark wrote:

He isn't allowed play lads although I think he wouldn't be out of place. Welsh seemed to love him
That's good the Welsh will maybe offer £30mill+ for him :D
Lets see how much they bid if they love him that much.

Seriously nowhere near been better than someone like Robin Koch or Jamie Shack as stated above, still work in progress at this stage.

At least a year probably more from been a regular starter at Prem level.
frogmill0
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by frogmill0 »

A question for the statisticians. It seemed like the team played just about the entire season without Pat Bamford so I was wondering in how many games he played the full 90 mins, how many times he went off injured or was substituted tactically and how many times he came on as a sub.

Just curious.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

frogmill0 wrote:A question for the statisticians. It seemed like the team played just about the entire season without Pat Bamford so I was wondering in how many games he played the full 90 mins, how many times he went off injured or was substituted tactically and how many times he came on as a sub.

Just curious.
4 games 90 minutes (Everton, Burnley, Liverpool, Newcastle)
3 games were he started, but got subbed (ManU, Norwich, Wolves)
2 games were he came in (Brentford, Villa)