Injuries 2021-2022

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: Injuries 2021-2022

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Breaking leg bones requires a lot of force, it was quite the collision when you saw it on TV, it was obvious with his foot planted that the knee moved in a way it wasn't supposed to.

I remember playing rugby at school when I was about 16 and some big second-row lad came steaming towards me with the ball and I just stuck my shoulder into his legs and brought him down - his femur snapped, like an inch away from my ear and I've never heard such a sickening noise in my entire life. He did the only sensible thing he could - screamed and passed out!

Worst break I ever had personally was ribs, there's nothing you can do for it really, and you can't stop breathing(!) so it just hurts constantly.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

I've done both cruciates playing football. That really is a nightmare and takes ages to recover from.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Costy wrote:I've done both cruciates playing football. That really is a nightmare and takes ages to recover from.
Haven't done cruciate, but did medial 4 times. Issue is, my kneecap dislocates each time, adding another 4 - 6 weeks to recovery time.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Breaking both my Tib & Fib bones ended my career at 29!

No-one was even near me but got my studs got in the ground as I was passing the ball and crack (gunshot sound so I was told) and my right leg gave away.

Thankfully the bone did not come through the skin but had to lay on the ground for 40 mins for an ambulance to get there and 3 of them turned up at the same time, oh and someone spilt coffee on my head (my coffee), was not a good day!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
kk white

Post by kk white »

Mr Russell wrote:...No-one was even near me but got my studs got in the ground as I was passing the ball and crack...
Same...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

For a moment I thought it was about injuries to Leeds players this season, but I've gotten wiser after studying the latest posts :idea: :D :thumbup:
kk white

Post by kk white »

John Dane wrote:For a moment I thought it was about injuries to Leeds players this season, but I've gotten wiser after studying the latest posts :idea: :D :thumbup:
Topic title leaves it open to interpretation (although admittedly our injuries are a bit earlier than 2021/22 :D )
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

John Dane wrote:For a moment I thought it was about injuries to Leeds players this season, but I've gotten wiser after studying the latest posts :idea: :D :thumbup:

Reported for horrible Americanisation! :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

kk white wrote:
Topic title leaves it open to interpretation (although admittedly our injuries are a bit earlier than 2021/22 :D )
To be quite fair, my Achilles and knee injuries have been very recent :P
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Another Northern Soul wrote:

Reported for horrible Americanisation! :D
It is a Middle English word that was taken to America where it is still in use. It has mostly fallen out of use in the UK however it is still used in the West Country as evidenced by The Wurzels' song "Thee’s got’n where thee cassn’t back’n hassn’t". :geek: :D