Injuries 2021-2022

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Injuries 2021-2022

Post by John Dane »

To be honest, I’m just envious, all I can contribute to this discussion is stories about my increasing osteoarthritis… :(
And my sincere apology on my American/English, it is NOT a tribute to JM, but it is some 40 years ago I left school and I watch too many American tv- series :D :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

John Dane wrote:To be honest, I’m just envious, all I can contribute to this discussion is stories about my increasing osteoarthritis… :(
And my sincere apology on my American/English, it is NOT a tribute to JM, but it is some 40 years ago I left school and I watch too many American tv- series :D :D
:D

Well apparently it isn't an Americanisation, says Sniffy, so it's me who should apologise. So, sorry John (Not Sniffer though :lol: )

Yes John D, I have osteoarthritis in my hips, had two injections in the right last year but there are far many more people who have it bad. My lovely lady has RA too, and that's nasty as many folk know. I just really miss playing footie, and even jogging, that's my gripe, not the chronic pain or discomfort which is just part of life really, daft as that might sound.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

It don't get any easier! Fair do's, 86 isn't a bad run, can't complain but her indoors has untreatable 'C' and I have same. They won't consider chemo or an op for me due to pre existing heart problems. Going to try Radio Therapy, starting shortly. Football injuries seem a long way off. :D Doc's given me a couple of years, hope they cover Premiership football for ER. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

johnh wrote:It don't get any easier! Fair do's, 86 isn't a bad run, can't complain but her indoors has untreatable 'C' and I have same. They won't consider chemo or an op for me due to pre existing heart problems. Going to try Radio Therapy, starting shortly. Football injuries seem a long way off. :D Doc's given me a couple of years, hope they cover Premiership football for ER. :thumbup:
We're all hoping for you and yours mate, and Prem football of course :clap:
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

Same from me John, although I have never met you, but enjoy your history lessons on here. I wasn't aware of any of this. As you say 86 is a good innings, but to be so stoic is very admirable. All the best.
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

johnh wrote:It don't get any easier! Fair do's, 86 isn't a bad run, can't complain but her indoors has untreatable 'C' and I have same. They won't consider chemo or an op for me due to pre existing heart problems. Going to try Radio Therapy, starting shortly. Football injuries seem a long way off. :D Doc's given me a couple of years, hope they cover Premiership football for ER. :thumbup:
Dear John
My best wishes for you and yours.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

I don't know you personally but I do enjoy reading your posts and hope to continue doing so for a long, long time. Warm best wishes to you and yours mate
Keep The Faith / WAL
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Thanks guys, most welcome. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

I broke my fibula when I was at Uni in Leeds. I remember the day well: it was a snowy Saturday, I'd played football for the chemistry department and was pleased after the game I didn't have the usual knocks and bangs. Went to a party in the evening - naturally I was completely sober when I left - then slipped and fell on the snow/ice.

Remember being administered some valium whilst they manipulated the broken bone back into position before applying a plaster cast. So then six weeks on crutches followed but, thankfully, there have been no long term effects like athiritis.

I really feel for Dallas - he's obviously very much part of the central group that makes us tick - but the femur, I believe, is the largest bone in the body and therefore the most difficult to break. Let's hope there are no long term detriments to his physical condition.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Stuart Dallas out for at least 6 months :( :( :(
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.