Home tickets

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
TelfordLeeds
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Home tickets

Post by TelfordLeeds »

Loyalty should be recognised, but Membership should guarantee you say three games a season. Once you have been to say three games, other members who have not been to three games, should have a priority window. If there are say 20 games a season and 10,000 tickets available, membership should be capped at say 20 x 10,000 x 1/3 = 66,667, otherwise what is the point of Membership. They have got virtually everything right over the last few year's, but this is an issue.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Think both Scott and Telford make very good points.

Does anyone know how many "priority" memberships the club have sold?

I have one and was at the Crewe match but due to a funeral we will be away for the Liverpool match. Does that mean I'll now fail to get a ticket for the next home game, then the one after that and so on based on loyalty?

Like most of us I purchased membership based on attending a few games but it's looking less likely.
Also paid for the pleasure of been on the season ticket waiting list but not a clue how big the list is or where I am on it.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

The club can't do right for wrong with this issue, and for all the ranting from all sides about what would be the correct system to use, the fact is, there isn't a fair system. They cocked up a few seasons back, offering Bolton away tickets (first match of the season) on first come first served basis (I think that's right) instead of the established loyalty route, but this was while the first team was on a pre-season tour, along with hundreds of fans, many of whom couldn't get in the queue for the Bolton tickets when abroad.

We have too many fans, it has been on the cards, similar happened in 1990 but to a lesser degree - lots of us loyal home/away fans suddenly struggled or failed to get away tickets.

I can't disagree that there have been mistakes made but I also think that a membership scheme was a decent idea - the alternative would be that the club simply tell fans 'You have no chance of getting a ticket ever, so thanks for your business but we can't accept it', which would be like saying they don't need any more fans as there are too many anyway.

I don't understand their price decisions at times but I do understand that many of us are going to miss out even after decades of real support/loyalty.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

Finally managed to get tickets, for West Ham. Chucked me into a queue of over an hour again but the wife somehow managed to get a queue of only 5 mins. What a faff, but chuffed to be going back to a game after so long.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Scott wrote:Finally managed to get tickets, for West Ham. Chucked me into a queue of over an hour again but the wife somehow managed to get a queue of only 5 mins. What a faff, but chuffed to be going back to a game after so long.
Nice one mate, see you there :wave:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Might have a nice one for some members - we can't make 4 of our upcoming home games... just called the Club and the exchange system doesn't apply to Bremner Suite season tickets (the seats are in the John Charles west stand near the halfway line - padded which makes a difference at my age! And they come with a programme and a pie and a pint in the Bremner Suite, which is a bar you can get served at fairly quickly).

Pro rata to our season ticket, it's £57.90 per match - so £115.80 for the pair of tickets to a fixture - please PM me if you'd like to buy them for any of the following:

3pm Sat October 2nd Watford
3pm Sat October 23rd Wolves
Tuesday November 30th Crystal Palace
Saturday December 4th Brentford
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leicester White wrote:Might have a nice one for some members - we can't make 4 of our upcoming home games... just called the Club and the exchange system doesn't apply to Bremner Suite season tickets (the seats are in the John Charles west stand near the halfway line - padded which makes a difference at my age! And they come with a programme and a pie and a pint in the Bremner Suite, which is a bar you can get served at fairly quickly).

Pro rata to our season ticket, it's £57.90 per match - so £115.80 for the pair of tickets to a fixture - please PM me if you'd like to buy them for any of the following:

Brilliant that you are making the offer to members LW :clap: :clap: :clap:.

Why on earth doesn’t the ticket exchange apply to the Bremner suite though, folk would snap them up in no time :crazy:.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Leicester White wrote:Might have a nice one for some members - we can't make 4 of our upcoming home games... just called the Club and the exchange system doesn't apply to Bremner Suite season tickets (the seats are in the John Charles west stand near the halfway line - padded which makes a difference at my age! And they come with a programme and a pie and a pint in the Bremner Suite, which is a bar you can get served at fairly quickly).

Why on earth doesn’t the ticket exchange apply to the Bremner suite though, folk would snap them up in no time :crazy:.
Agreed, defies logic! The club could make a decent margin on those and it's often an area of the ground where there are a few empty seats.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Leicester White wrote:Might have a nice one for some members - we can't make 4 of our upcoming home games...please PM me if you'd like to buy them for any of the following
Popped you a PM yesterday Leicester :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:

Yes well done LW great thought :clap:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders