Home tickets

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: Home tickets

Post by Scott »

topbobster1+ wrote:
Scott wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Scott wrote:Tickets are going to be fun this season. Been in the queue on the website for 28 mins for Everton and I'm still not even a quarter of the way up the queue yet. Incredible.
A few of my mates, who aren’t season ticket holders, are stuck in it too :crazy:
Well over an hour now and still not even halfway. I've got used to battling for tickets since Bielsa came in, and have previously been quite optimistic. But this doesn't bode well for the season ahead!

Yup...1.5 hrs on the website and phone, 304 redials and got in just to find all sold out :-(

I think I heard Angus mention they may change to a ballot system to stop this crazyness on websites/phones...I admit I only get to a handful of games a season due to distance and my other half working some weekends, and however selfish I want to be in getting a ticket I do understand about loyalty of those who attend more.
I wasn't a fan of his moving the goalposts approach as mentioned on TSB, to be honest. As much as I think I might still have a decent shot based on loyalty from previous seasons, I really don't think it'd be fair of them to bring that clause in after the season has started. You can't charge people £75 for a pop at buying tickets...and then later add in that on top of their 75 quid, they must also have gone to X number of games in the past to have a chance at buying tickets. That would surely have had to be communicated before thousands of people signed up.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Ditto
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Selby White wrote:Ditto
And me.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

This is absolutely disgraceful :twisted:

Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:This is absolutely disgraceful :twisted:
48 tickets available...!!!

I can understand 1 or 2. Even a few chancers with half a dozen collected between them, but how can a company be able to find 48?

Love to know where in the stadium, if there's predominantly home or away sections...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Agree that’s shocking that they have so many tickets available I wonder if Radz is aware of this because it’s just profiteering at the fans expense. Edit to say, yes he does.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/ticket ... ing-update
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

The website, eCommerce site, and ticketing system are all dreadful and have been for a long time. I work in web dev and software and would probably be sacked if I churned that out and claimed it was production-ready and fit for purpose, that's half of the problem.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

Awful behaviour from the club with their moving the goalposts for the Liverpool game. You essentially need a membership AND have been to the Crewe game to even have a chance. How they can sell people a membership at 75 quid and later throw other caveats in is beyond me.

I personally wasn't risking the Crewe game as I'm getting married on Monday, so that's me disqualified despite being a member for years. Because of a single game. Laughable.

I get the feeling this'll just be the start of it as well. West Ham priority for the loyal fans who bought tickets for Liverpool &c &c.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Scott wrote:Awful behaviour from the club with their moving the goalposts for the Liverpool game. You essentially need a membership AND have been to the Crewe game to even have a chance. How they can sell people a membership at 75 quid and later throw other caveats in is beyond me.

I personally wasn't risking the Crewe game as I'm getting married on Monday, so that's me disqualified despite being a member for years. Because of a single game. Laughable.

I get the feeling this'll just be the start of it as well. West Ham priority for the loyal fans who bought tickets for Liverpool &c &c.
I'm with you Scott on this.

I wouldn't be going to the Liverpool game but that really isn't the issue. I couldn't go to the Crewe game as I was working, but should (if I choose to) have the same opportunity to buy a ticket as any other member.

As some on here will know, I've been a member for many years and hopefully get to 4 or 5 home games a year. If the only way to get a ticket in the future is by going to previous games, then I've no chance.

Bit pointless renewing my membership next season.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Crackers I agree with you.

I went to the Crewe match but can't do the Liverpool game as will be down south at the time, we have a funeral to attend the week before and are staying in London afterwards for the weekend.

Like WW Ive always tried to catch 5 or 6 games per season due to other commitments, years back I was a season ticket holder for over 20 years.

Charging £75 is wrong when it was about getting first priority then adding other rules.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.