Home tickets

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Home tickets

Post by Nic »

Wigan White wrote:
Scott wrote:Awful behaviour from the club with their moving the goalposts for the Liverpool game. You essentially need a membership AND have been to the Crewe game to even have a chance. How they can sell people a membership at 75 quid and later throw other caveats in is beyond me.

I personally wasn't risking the Crewe game as I'm getting married on Monday, so that's me disqualified despite being a member for years. Because of a single game. Laughable.

I get the feeling this'll just be the start of it as well. West Ham priority for the loyal fans who bought tickets for Liverpool &c &c.
I'm with you Scott on this.

I wouldn't be going to the Liverpool game but that really isn't the issue. I couldn't go to the Crewe game as I was working, but should (if I choose to) have the same opportunity to buy a ticket as any other member.

As some on here will know, I've been a member for many years and hopefully get to 4 or 5 home games a year. If the only way to get a ticket in the future is by going to previous games, then I've no chance.

Bit pointless renewing my membership next season.
You tend to find that people fall into one of two camps, either everyone has equal chance or loyalty counts. I think the offering if some to loyalty does boost those attending less popular games. Without the carrot of priority booking for Liverpool, do you get a sell out vs Crewe? I don't think so, I don't buy the idea that it might be one of the few opportunities to see the team. There is a big demand because we are back in the PL and people want to go to those matches not mid week to Crewe.
So it's clever, but equally it should be always the case otherwise you disincentivise the buying of memberships in future.

It does need to be equal for everyone, but it will never really be fair. If a new member who has just joined gets a ticket when someone who has been a member for years doesn't, some will moan. If its the current fastest finger first, then if you can't take the time to get it then, you miss out.

So what? A ballot has been mentioned, in which case is it reset every time - e.g. you could have someone being successful every time whilst others miss out, or do you put those who have been successful in previous ballots at a lower priority to get more fans into at least one game - in which cas will you find some trying to be selective of which ballots they put in for?
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

Nic wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Scott wrote:Awful behaviour from the club with their moving the goalposts for the Liverpool game. You essentially need a membership AND have been to the Crewe game to even have a chance. How they can sell people a membership at 75 quid and later throw other caveats in is beyond me.

I personally wasn't risking the Crewe game as I'm getting married on Monday, so that's me disqualified despite being a member for years. Because of a single game. Laughable.

I get the feeling this'll just be the start of it as well. West Ham priority for the loyal fans who bought tickets for Liverpool &c &c.
I'm with you Scott on this.

I wouldn't be going to the Liverpool game but that really isn't the issue. I couldn't go to the Crewe game as I was working, but should (if I choose to) have the same opportunity to buy a ticket as any other member.

As some on here will know, I've been a member for many years and hopefully get to 4 or 5 home games a year. If the only way to get a ticket in the future is by going to previous games, then I've no chance.

Bit pointless renewing my membership next season.
You tend to find that people fall into one of two camps, either everyone has equal chance or loyalty counts. I think the offering if some to loyalty does boost those attending less popular games. Without the carrot of priority booking for Liverpool, do you get a sell out vs Crewe? I don't think so, I don't buy the idea that it might be one of the few opportunities to see the team. There is a big demand because we are back in the PL and people want to go to those matches not mid week to Crewe.
So it's clever, but equally it should be always the case otherwise you disincentivise the buying of memberships in future.

It does need to be equal for everyone, but it will never really be fair. If a new member who has just joined gets a ticket when someone who has been a member for years doesn't, some will moan. If its the current fastest finger first, then if you can't take the time to get it then, you miss out.

So what? A ballot has been mentioned, in which case is it reset every time - e.g. you could have someone being successful every time whilst others miss out, or do you put those who have been successful in previous ballots at a lower priority to get more fans into at least one game - in which cas will you find some trying to be selective of which ballots they put in for?
I'm fine with loyalty counting for something and some weighting towards those who have been to more games/held a membership for longer. That's, for me, probably the fairest way to do it when there's such a mad demand.

What I'm not fine with is the club selling a membership and then later deciding that they'll add in a little previously unadvertised loyalty clause after they've bagged your money. I'm also not fine with them deciding that attendance at a single league cup game counts as loyalty. Dangling the carrot of being able to get a ticket for (so far) the biggest home Premier League game in nearly two decades as a way to shift more tickets for a midweek cup game that would never have otherwise sold out is a bit shady. Loyalty indeed.

The biggest issue, of course, is the club's policy of not capping membership in the slightest. If they could, they'd happily shift 5 million memberships and have us all battling it out for 12,000 tickets every week. Shambles. And they justify it by having Angus on podcasts claiming that people buy memberships for way more than just the ability to buy tickets. Aye, right enough Angus, it's the snood I was after all along.

In short, the club needs to decide it's ticketing policy before the season starts, and have some transparency over it before they ask people to bang out 75 quid a pop for little to no chance of a ticket all season long. But that wouldn't generate the same sort of revenue, so they won't.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Another utter shambles from the club today. Us allegedly disloyal fans who shelled out good money for a membership again were told that any remaining tickets from yesterday's sale to the super loyal would be on sale at 1pm today. I joined the queue at half 12 and it looks like they were already on sale then.

I got on the site at 1pm on the dot, nothing left. But a well known touting site was able to nab 117, now on sale for £200+. Did they go to the Crewe game?
docwhite13
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by docwhite13 »

There’s 73 tickets available on live football tickets.com starting at £199.
As has been said...shambles.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Absolutely disgraceful a ticket touting company getting hold of so many tickets. Someone at the club should know where these tickets are coming from :twisted:
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

docwhite13 wrote:There’s 73 tickets available on live football tickets.com starting at £199.
I think I’ve said this previously, but the club should buy every single one of these 73 tickets, ban for life those ‘supporters’ who have sold on their tickets and then resell the tickets to get a bit of money back. It’ll soon weed out those who have sold tickets on.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:
docwhite13 wrote:There’s 73 tickets available on live football tickets.com starting at £199.
I think I’ve said this previously, but the club should buy every single one of these 73 tickets, ban for life those ‘supporters’ who have sold on their tickets and then resell the tickets to get a bit of money back. It’ll soon weed out those who have sold tickets on.
It was 120 to start & I agree BB these people need weeding & banned from buying future tickets. As I said earlier it’s disgraceful & there should be a full extensive enquiry as to how this is been allowed to happen. I see on Twitter that folk are tagging Radz so hopefully he will act.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
It was 120 to start & I agree BB these people need weeding & banned from buying future tickets. As I said earlier it’s disgraceful & there should be a full extensive enquiry as to how this is been allowed to happen. I see on Twitter that folk are tagging Radz so hopefully he will act.
It doesn’t help when folk actually buy the tickets from these websites, if they didn’t make a profit, they wouldn’t do it.

Yes, as a season ticket holder and getting to all the games, that’s easy for me to say, but a bit of tough love now will reap the rewards in the long run.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

As someone who has been to probably 10 games in my time and ( who would love to get to more in the future) I agree. Although it scuppers my and others like me chances of getting to future games seats/tickets need to go to those that regularly attend games. Selling tickets to make a quick buck should be punished.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Scott

Post by Scott »

The problem the club has created for itself all stems from a lack of prep and a degree of greed. They must have known that not capping the number of memberships would cause a ridiculous demand for tickets each week, but because it's all revenue for nowt, they're still happily selling them even now, which is idiotic given how oversubscribed the first two league games have already proven.

When it comes to how to allocate tickets, there's really two options.

1. you have a priority system where you reward people who go to matches more often with a priority window for buying before anyone else.

Or 2. You monetise the system and allow people to pay for the privilege of buying tickets before anyone else.

For me, either of those systems is fair with the right prep and advance notice. The issue we've seen this season is that the club started with the latter model and then, after the fact, tried to haphazardly implement a hybrid of the two despite never having intimated that that would be the case. The end result being that you have ten times the ideal number of members, a vast vast majority of whom are now raging that they appear to have invested money for nothing.

Hopefully they learn from the mistakes on this early in the season.