Home tickets

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Home tickets

Post by guitarmark »

Scott wrote:Excellent news. Just seen the announcement that the club are making it even harder to get tickets next season. Rather than having a general admission sale period for all members, from next year, we'll have:

1. A sale period for 'My Leeds Priority' members. To qualify for this, you must have been a consistent paying member for the past TEN SEASONS(!)

2. A secondary smaller sales period for all other members, including My Leeds+ members.

3. A third allocation kept back for ballots for those who struggle to be online at sale time.

I have to say, I like point three. I'm lucky that I sit at a desk most of the day, so I can always be around at times when tickets are on sale. But for those without that luxury, that's a positive move.

However...point 1 is a bit of a kick in the teeth. The main reason to have a membership is to get priority access to tickets. For most of the time I've been regularly attending Leeds games, you could have bought however many tickets you wanted on match day, never mind having to buy in advance. A membership has only really been needed the last four years or so.

Pretty disappointed with that. Loyalty measured solely by how long you've had a specific membership is poor when they could look at number of games attended, for example.
Interesting and not sure where this puts me - I've been a member for as long as I can remember - Recall the days when you could get 4 tickets with one membership - For the last 3/4 years have needed to get 2 memberships, for me and my daughter - Visit 5-8 games a year and have done so for many years - Even League 1 days - So not sure if I'm in the first quota or 2nd
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Scott wrote:Excellent news. Just seen the announcement that the club are making it even harder to get tickets next season. Rather than having a general admission sale period for all members, from next year, we'll have:

1. A sale period for 'My Leeds Priority' members. To qualify for this, you must have been a consistent paying member for the past TEN SEASONS(!)

2. A secondary smaller sales period for all other members, including My Leeds+ members.

3. A third allocation kept back for ballots for those who struggle to be online at sale time.

I have to say, I like point three. I'm lucky that I sit at a desk most of the day, so I can always be around at times when tickets are on sale. But for those without that luxury, that's a positive move.

However...point 1 is a bit of a kick in the teeth. The main reason to have a membership is to get priority access to tickets. For most of the time I've been regularly attending Leeds games, you could have bought however many tickets you wanted on match day, never mind having to buy in advance. A membership has only really been needed the last four years or so.

Pretty disappointed with that. Loyalty measured solely by how long you've had a specific membership is poor when they could look at number of games attended, for example.
Couldn't agree more, I'm in a similar position Scott so will not be happy if I get less tickets than I have this season.
Bottom line is we need a bigger stadium.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Selby White wrote:

Couldn't agree more, I'm in a similar position Scott so will not be happy if I get less tickets than I have this season.
Not if we get relegated - and that's not a dig at 'glory hunters' (aren't we ALL that anyway?) - but if we go down then rebuilding/renovating parts of the stadium will be a lesser priority again as we won't sell out every match in lower league.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Not if we get relegated - and that's not a dig at 'glory hunters' (aren't we ALL that anyway?) - but if we go down then rebuilding/renovating parts of the stadium will be a lesser priority again as we won't sell out every match in lower league.
Its a fair point but if (and its still an if) I would like to believe we would be looking at bouncing straight back up so it could arguably be the right time to build.
guitarmark

Post by guitarmark »

Just had my e-mail to apply for Membership and good news as it reflects my previous years and visits - therefore #1 priority applies
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Selby White wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Its a fair point but if (and its still an if) I would like to believe we would be looking at bouncing straight back up so it could arguably be the right time to build.
But then the priority would be recruitment over building new stands etc, that's basically my reasoning. This season was all about aiming to establish the club as PL so if we fail then Radrizzani etc have failed
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Selby White wrote:
Selby White wrote:
But then the priority would be recruitment over building new stands etc, that's basically my reasoning. This season was all about aiming to establish the club as PL so if we fail then Radrizzani etc have failed
Your point is valid but i was looking from a different angle.
Would the Club keep a number of our better players that are under contract coupled with the continued improvement of our U23s i think we would have more than a reasonable chance of coming straight back.
That is not saying all players would stay think even the most optimistic of us would accept some outgoings.
This time however would be very different to last time when we had to sell everything and start from scratch.

My main point is that if we did leave it and not increase capacity on our eventual return we would be where we are now with a stadium not big enough.
A risk worth taking IMHO.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

As a ST holder, I can look at this from the outside without any emotional attachment as it doesn’t affect me.

Firstly, I can see what the club are trying to achieve. They are, obviously, trying to protect those fans who have been members for a long period (Championship and League 1) etc from being edged out by those fans who have just jumped on board since our return to the Premier League. There’s nothing wrong in that for me, although I can see how they perhaps could have gone down the route of those members who have attended more games etc, some members just get a membership to support the club financially with no intention of going to games in Championship and League 1 but are now interested when back in the PL.

I’d question where have they suddenly found an extra 10% of tickets. I find it hard to believe, I’d say it’s impossible, that 10% of ST holders have failed to renew - I know literally none. Have they taken some away from somewhere else ?.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just renewed my membership for next season, just hope I can still get tickets with the new system.
guitarmark

Post by guitarmark »

Selby White wrote:Just renewed my membership for next season, just hope I can still get tickets with the new system.
Likewise - I got the new priority + system for me - But going back 3/4 years ago when I could get 2 or more tickets on one membership card, there was no need for a membership for my daughter - That changed when you needed 1 membership for each ticket - So she is now a member, but not with enough years under the belt for a priority + - As such I'll still have to buy tickets under the 2nd level, for 2 tickets by each other, when we go together