How are we in the financial mire again?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: How are we in the financial mire again?

Post by Sheepy »

I just want this whole sorry episode over with, Cellino is far from ideal, but hell, I'll give him a chance. From reading the stuff in the media, we need him.
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Sheepy wrote:I just want this whole sorry episode over with, Cellino is far from ideal, but hell, I'll give him a chance. From reading the stuff in the media, we need him.
I'm regretfully swinging that way as well. Keeping my sceptical and dubious hat on, and with a lot of uneasiness about the (apparent) new guy in charge, all I want is to go and watch football and support my team.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

My fear is the Football League will say he is not fit/proper just to spite us and send us down the pan.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

I don't fear bias. If he fails the test it's cos he deserves to IMO. The suits are a bit jolly hockey sticks but I don't see them as corrupt and they have come under fire for being too lenient in the past. Lenient simply means they are objective unlike fans/media who see the gut as the finest tool the human race has available for decision making.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Sheepy wrote:I just want this whole sorry episode over with, Cellino is far from ideal, but hell, I'll give him a chance. From reading the stuff in the media, we need him.
Yep, this is how I feel and as I suspect that once all of our fans have had time to consider the alternative then the majority will agree and we may not even see any more Cellino Out banners.

I think that even NW may change his sig to Cellino IN in the near future :D
Lee
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Lee »

Answer to the original question. Bates!
July 26th 2013. The day Leeds United rid themselves of an odious git.
hedgehoguk
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by hedgehoguk »

The cash flow was hamstrung this year because of the mortgages taken out against season tickets and catering revenue for this season with Ticketus.

Agree though, GFH knew what they were buying.

I think they assumed they'd be able to flip the club for a quick profit but ultimately nobody has been willing (until now apparently) to stump up enough for them to justify the sale.

SO they were left with an investment which was haemorrhaging money at a rate they didn't anticipate and they are left in desperate need of a quick sale