Bamford for England

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Bamford for England

Post by Selby White »

Tedbaker wrote:Andorra make the best of what they’ve got. Yes they’re not good. But no-one has beaten them by 4 in the recent past because of the way they play. I’m not advocating that England were World beaters but they were tidy - for the most part - and professional. I am not sure throwing balls in the box would have yielded much, especially with Paddy who’s not that kind of target man.

I just don’t get the negativity. Most top teams take care of the ball now - Chelsea and City for instance.
Think your point is valid about the importance of keeping the ball if we play better teams that can hurt you on the counter. However against such as Andorra we should play more positive balls and put them under pressure in their own box.
If it results in giving the ball away at times I'm not sure Andorra had the capability of keeping it never mind hurting us.

A calculated risk of getting the ball in early i believe would have paid off in the way of a more entertaining match and more goals.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Image
Splendid photo!
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Splendid photo!
But that's not an Irish cap!!! :( ;)

Well done Paddy, richly deserved :clap:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

Selby White wrote:
Tedbaker wrote:Andorra make the best of what they’ve got. Yes they’re not good. But no-one has beaten them by 4 in the recent past because of the way they play. I’m not advocating that England were World beaters but they were tidy - for the most part - and professional. I am not sure throwing balls in the box would have yielded much, especially with Paddy who’s not that kind of target man.

I just don’t get the negativity. Most top teams take care of the ball now - Chelsea and City for instance.
Think your point is valid about the importance of keeping the ball if we play better teams that can hurt you on the counter. However against such as Andorra we should play more positive balls and put them under pressure in their own box.
If it results in giving the ball away at times I'm not sure Andorra had the capability of keeping it never mind hurting us.

A calculated risk of getting the ball in early i believe would have paid off in the way of a more entertaining match and more goals.
I think it’s difficult to move from one mode of playing to another especially when a lot of the team haven’t played together.

They’ve beaten the Hungarians by 4 who held France and Germany and they’ve been convincing. They are getting better without having an acid test against one of the top sides. But myself, despite the brand of football they play, think they will be at the top table at the next World Cup, because they’ll be settled into a plan.

Obviously I’m in a minority on this :)
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Image
Fantastic - really pleased for him.