Might Administration (again) be the best route?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Might Administration (again) be the best route?

Post by Sheepy »

crazy times!
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Sheepy wrote:If we go into administration again the FL will ensure we go into League One again. I doubt it would be a 10 point penalty, they would increase it to 15 or 17 like they did Bournemouth and Luton because we have had previous financial problems and sanctions.
Portsmouth got -10 three years in a row, does that not count as previous financial problems or sanctions? Or do they not due to being the effect of one very long problem?
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Sheepy wrote:Bournemouth got deducted 17 points in 2008/9 for failing to follow the Football League insolvency rules. This followed their 10 point deduction for going into administration in 2007/08.

Luton Town were deducted 10 points for going into administration during 2007/8.
In 2008/9 they were then deducted 10 points for irregularities in dealing with agents and then a further 20 points for 'various financial irregularities' dating back several years.

Rotherham United got deducted 17 points in 2008/9 for failing to follow the Football League insolvency rules. This followed their 10 point deduction for going into administration in 2007/9.

Various other clubs have entered administration with no points deductions - two of which are Bradford City and Huddersfield Town.
My other favourite team, Mighty Halifax town, were demoted two divisions, I didn't even know it went that far down until they punished them such. :shock:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Its just the standard 10 for going into administration, I think Portsmouth have entered Admin twice, so the other 10 points was probably for failing to follow the Football League insolvency rules.

That's grey area, they dish out anything for that particular 'crime'
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Aces wrote: My other favourite team, Mighty Halifax town, were demoted two divisions, I didn't even know it went that far down until they punished them such. :shock:
Similar thing happened to Darlington, I actually think they went further down than Halifax.

These points deductions and demotions solve nothing, a crime in the boardroom and in the accountancy books is punished on the pitch. Who suffers? The fans, that's who.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Sheepy wrote:
Aces wrote: My other favourite team, Mighty Halifax town, were demoted two divisions, I didn't even know it went that far down until they punished them such. :shock:
Similar thing happened to Darlington, I actually think they went further down than Halifax.

These points deductions and demotions solve nothing, a crime in the boardroom and in the accountancy books is punished on the pitch. Who suffers? The fans, that's who.
Your right mate.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

I would have to change my name to +30 if that happens.
ulster_white
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by ulster_white »

if those idiots at the League block Cellino's buying of the club we might have no choice but administration and then the Football League can really put the boot into us (which would give them no amount of satisfaction) and God knows what division we'll end up in.
hedgehoguk
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by hedgehoguk »

It's ok. Shaun Harvey is in charge :thumbup:
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

hedgehoguk wrote:It's ok. Shaun Harvey is in charge :thumbup:
Oh dear god