Breaking up the group

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Breaking up the group

Post by mapperleywhite »

Seen some interesting discussion about the players we let go perhaps being related to our moderate start to this season.

Hernandez, Beradi and Alioski were very much a part of the group that got us out of the Championship. The first two wore the captain's arm band on occasions, but people are saying Alioski was the 'entertainments manager', so a joker in the pack, a character that lifted people's spirits when things weren't going well.

I'll leave it there for now...
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Breaking up the group

Post by PhoenixUnited »

mapperleywhite wrote:Seen some interesting discussion about the players we let go perhaps being related to our moderate start to this season.

Hernandez, Beradi and Alioski were very much a part of the group that got us out of the Championship. The first two wore the captain's arm band on occasions, but people are saying Alioski was the 'entertainments manager', so a joker in the pack, a character that lifted people's spirits when things weren't going well.

I'll leave it there for now...
It's always been the case that gathering the best 11 does not always make a complete and effective team. You also need "water carriers" :D
Alioski was, for me anyway, a player who often drove me to distraction. He gave it his all in every game with his energy but he could also be mistake prone. However, for all his barmy ways he gave the team something else. Have a think about his partnership with Jack Harrison. As JH struggles this season it's perhaps only now that you appreciate how well they linked together. Alioski was an attacking player that needed to be watched which gave Harrison that little bit more space and time. Plus Harrison was happy to slot in when Alioski went AWOL in the left back area. It's all a bit disjointed this season IMHO
Firpo is a different animal and it is still early days but the dynamics have changed on our left side. Evolution is the name of the game and I guess getting it right is what MB gets paid the big bucks for.
Keep The Faith / WAL