Will Cellino stick with Brian McDermott as manager?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Yes or No - Will Cellino stick with Brian McDermott as manager?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 34

Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Will Cellino stick with Brian McDermott as manager?

Post by Sheepy »

Assuming Cellino passes the fit and proper owners test this coming week and takes control of the club. Do you think Massimo Cellino will stick by Brian McDermott?

Personally, I think he will for the following reasons:

* He saw the effect of his sacking last week and its effect on his popularity. I don't think he would make a rash judgement and I firmly believe he initially will see it very important to have the fans onside.

* There are existing board members still at the club who I would hope will still fight Brians corner and influence Cellino on why he should remain in the job.

* Brian is a good man, and talks with knowledge and respect and I think that fact will buy him some time. He has done some good stuff at the club - behind the scenes work at a grass root level that Cellino originally probably did not know about.

* Ultimately its a results orientated business, but we have taken 7 points from 9, if we keep this up, this can only work in Brians favour.

But what do you think?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Will Cellino stick with Brian McDermott as manager?

Post by Selby White »

Depends over what period of time we are talking.

Think he'll get the rest of this season and if we do well will still be here at the start of next. However if we hit another bad run like xmas and january he'll go before next season.

I'll tick yes because i believe we will improve.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Selby White wrote:Depends over what period of time we are talking.
I guess just the amount of time he would have had if Cellino was not in charge, Brian is good bloke and popular with the fans, but even if he lost 10 on the trot there would be calls for his sacking before the season is out.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I have voted, No. :shock:

I think Cellino is an Axe Man and will get rid of him ASAP. :thumbdown:

I hope he doesn't, because I like him. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

I've gone yes as in this season. After that who knows?

I've gone yes cos BM is more back room than front for me, a conciliator rather than confrontational. I think he's a bit too nice which brings us to Cellino. A leader and hard man. Together they potentially make a pair in which Cellino can claim the glory cos Brian won't mind. He's only interested in unity.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

From the Sun's Head of Sport
Mike Dunn ‏@mdunn1982 · 4m
Exclusive: 'I'll keep McDermott, live in Yorkshire & let sons run club' - new #leedsunited owner gives 1st interview only @TheSunFootball
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

I've gone for no as his history has shown he falls out with coaches quickly. I hope to be proven wrong and brian is kept on but I feel that if we lose maybe just 2 matches, then he'll sack. It also depends on what timescale we are talking about. Sure, I believe brian will not be sacked straight away, but he may be gone by the next home game. I feel that even if Brian is given the rest of the season he'll be replaced in the summer.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Mellor wrote: I've gone yes cos BM is more back room than front for me, a conciliator rather than confrontational. I think he's a bit too nice which brings us to Cellino. A leader and hard man. Together they potentially make a pair in which Cellino can claim the glory cos Brian won't mind. He's only interested in unity.
That actually makes perfect sense, I really hope that's the way it pans out too.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sheepy wrote:
Mellor wrote: I've gone yes cos BM is more back room than front for me, a conciliator rather than confrontational. I think he's a bit too nice which brings us to Cellino. A leader and hard man. Together they potentially make a pair in which Cellino can claim the glory cos Brian won't mind. He's only interested in unity.
That actually makes perfect sense, I really hope that's the way it pans out too.
:thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

I voted yes because the reaction last week galvanized the team and the fans which is the bread and butter of the club, he will keep him for the remainder of the season at least and possibly for the first ten games of next season, obviously if he supports Brian well in the summer with a nice pot to play with the pressure is less off Cellino and more on BmD so he will be more justified if it doesn't come out ok in those first ten games, Cellino likes to wield the axe and if i was in his shoes id be looking for justification first before sacking considering the backlash if i didnt have it, and money being spent is the justification of all owners as the excuse to wield that axe.