Will Cellino stick with Brian McDermott as manager?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Yes or No - Will Cellino stick with Brian McDermott as manager?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 34

john stubbs
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Re: Will Cellino stick with Brian McDermott as manager?

Post by john stubbs »

Like all owners he will keep a winning coach but not a loser. I suspect he may have to be diplomatic if players arrive who he did not know about- lets hope they can talk to each other. So I will vote yesish. That is probably the kiss of death.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

My concern is can he see behind results. If in control of scum in the 80's would he see how fergie was building the club bottom up. I fear he will be a very results orientated owner, as a result our long term result will be less favourable. Given noodles evidently wanted BMc sacked at halftime @ Wednesday, BMc will be gone next time he loses 3/4/5? in a row.
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

I have voted yes because BM is a gentleman in a game populated by Vipers, but in reality it's a results orientated game. Cellino will give BM a chance as he saw the furore his attempted sacking caused. However, if results go down the tubes over the next 5 or 6 games then I'm afraid BM will go the same way. I do think BM will be under severe pressure to perform until the end of the season. Our Capo will then review the situation and when matters have calmed down he may use the opportunity to put in his own man - Gianfranco Zola perhaps?
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

I've said 'Yes', but feel he will be given to the end of the season to prove himself. Then he will have to sit down and talk brass tacks with Cellino about players coming into the club. This will be were Brian will falldown. As Mellor said I don't believe he's confrontational enough to stand up to Cellino and the question will be is Brian happy to sit at the back of the bus and allow Cellino to do what Cellino does, and that is interfere with transfers and the first team selections.

That being said, I do like Brian, but the greatest managers are not nice guys, AlchoFace and Jose get their teams to play. Lets face it-Brian at this stage is still hit or miss. We still struggle for consistantcy and this is what we need to get out of this horrible division and for that fact something has to give. Personally I don't think that'll be Cellino...........

MOT
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
ulster_white
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by ulster_white »

regardless of how well or how badly Leeds do on the pitch Brian McDermott is a dead man walking, Cellino will want his own man as head coach and Cellino seems to get what he wants, we can only hope he follows through with all his promises and saves our club from terminal decline.
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

I said yes. Cellino already saw the wrath of the Leeds fans so he might just see the connection he has with them.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

ulster_white wrote:regardless of how well or how badly Leeds do on the pitch Brian McDermott is a dead man walking, Cellino will want his own man as head coach and Cellino seems to get what he wants, we can only hope he follows through with all his promises and saves our club from terminal decline.
Much I respect BMc the man I hope we don't make a martyr out of him. He shoud be given a fair chance, but if cellinio was to bring in the italian equivalent of the Southampton manager, we would in hindsight be better off. There's an article in the sun today, which all seems positive. If he buys the ground, puts in funds this summer and operates with a degree of restraint in terms of interference with the football side, he desrves our support and appreciation.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Anyone know how long a contract BM has?
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:Anyone know how long a contract BM has?
Until 2016.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SiMamu wrote:
Aces wrote:Anyone know how long a contract BM has?
Until 2016.
Cheers for that, I was just wondering how much compensation he would get if Cellino sacked him. I suppose it's impossible to assess.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT