Will Cellino stick with Brian McDermott as manager?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Yes or No - Will Cellino stick with Brian McDermott as manager?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 34

johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Will Cellino stick with Brian McDermott as manager?

Post by johnh »

I think BMcD will be OK until he loses two games on the trot, then he will be gone. In my opinion that will be a big loss. Cellino is likely to bring in someone who will need an interpreter and will lose the dressing room within the hour.
I once played against Don Revie.
lufctillidie61
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by lufctillidie61 »

Brian Mac was originally given a 3 year contract when he first took over at Leeds but if you look at Cellino's past record I give Mac a year at the most. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. If Cellino's record of replacing managers at Cagliari is anything to go by, if he starts those antics here it could turn out that no manager in their right mind would want to come and manage Leeds.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

I very much doubt it

Hoof football is unacceptable with the Italians
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

So far the poll concludes that none of us really have a clue!

Thing is, we have to ask ourselves how long would BMcD have under normal circumstances? You would probably say definitely until the end of this season, and more likely the whole of next season UNLESS next season started really badly.

Do you think much will change under Cellino, I'm beginning to think that now, Cellino would give him as much time as he would have had under different owners.

I would bet a large sum though that Cellino will NOT walk in and sack BMcD, he has already had a taste of that PR disaster!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Sheepy wrote:So far the poll concludes that none of us really have a clue!

Thing is, we have to ask ourselves how long would BMcD have under normal circumstances? You would probably say definitely until the end of this season, and more likely the whole of next season UNLESS next season started really badly.

Do you think much will change under Cellino, I'm beginning to think that now, Cellino would give him as much time as he would have had under different owners.

I would bet a large sum though that Cellino will NOT walk in and sack BMcD, he has already had a taste of that PR disaster!
A good relevant post mate, I think BM would have gone roughly 3 months in to next season if we were in mid table, it's a results game and his results so far are only average.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Like most people i also think he has till the end of the season then who knows with Cellino
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Having accepted a call from an unknown number & caller on Friday telling him he was sacked. BMc has now been inundated by callers offering him PPI claim back.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Calendar News described Cellino as a billionaire, ISR, I can tell you that much.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Calendar News described Cellino as a billionaire, ISR, I can tell you that much.
It could be .... He has a Billion Lira, that's about £65 in English money. :lol:

I hope your right mate. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

The problem with the poll is that the question doesn't have any scope and so people are actually answering different questions. From whether he'll be sacked ASAP once fully in charge to into next season. If Brian goes during this season some are seeing that as a YES and others a NO :wtf:
This question should probably be "will he be sacked once fully in control".