Massimo Cellino - what do you want him to do for LUFC?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Massimo Cellino - what should be his top priorities?

1) BUY BACK ELLAND ROAD
30%
2) PROVIDE MODEST TRANSFER FUNDS TO SEE US RETURN TO THE EPL WITHIN 2-3 SEASONS
15%
3) BUY BACK THORP ARCH
6%
4) KEEP MANAGER BRIAN McDERMOTT
14%
5) PROVIDE 'BIG' TRANSFER FUNDS TO SEE US PROMOTED TO THE EPL NEXT SEASON
16%
6) IMPROVE FACILITIES AT ELLAND ROAD.
No votes
7) KEEP TICKET PRICES DOWN/AT CURRENT LEVEL.
9%
8) SEEK BIGGER, BETTER, MORE HIGH PROFILE SPONSORSHIP.
5%
9) ENSURE THE NUCLEUS OF THE TEAM IS BRITISH (Against a huge influx of Italians etc).
4%
10) CHANGE THE CLUB CREST (To an old one or even a new one).
2%

Total votes: 117

Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Massimo Cellino - what do you want him to do for LUFC?

Post by Sheepy »

Ok, I'm having a bit of a poll fest tonight, but I keep thinking of good threads that we can all have a good natter about.

Once again, assuming Cellino passes the Football Leagues jolly nice bloke test, what would you say are his top priorities? What do you want him to do for Leeds United?

I've created a poll above with 10 options, you can select your most important THREE from that poll and eventually when Massimo inevitably logs onto LUFCTALK he can see, in crystal clarity exactly how he can plan his schedule...

Some of the options are obviously more important than others, but I think it will be good to see how the poll progresses and what options are selected by everyone.

So the question is, what do you want him to do? (remember you can pick 3 of the options).
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Massimo Cellino - what do you want him to do for LUFC?

Post by Barlow Boy »

Good thread this one Sheepy, which caused a bit of debate in the Barlow household. After much consultation, we went 4,2,1 - a bit like Ted Rogers 3,2,1 but with a twist.

This will be interesting.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Not fussed about the ground: that can wait.
What matters is stability on the football side, not real estate, and that means giving BMcD the time and money to take us back to the top division and keep us there. Keep the ticket prices down until we get there, then allow for a modest increase in line with most other EPL clubs.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:Not fussed about the ground: that can wait.
Agree with this, and to be honest I cannot understand the furore regarding the 'buy back'.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Ummed and arred about whether I want 2-3 seasons or next seasons, got a little impatient and went with next season. But, just keep McD and let's build a team for promotion.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

:thumbup: Great thread,1.3.4
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I think if he staves off Administration and puts in between £5 and £10 million pounds for transfers to get us promoted next year, that will do for me. It's all I asked from the last two owners, but they put little or nothing up for transfers, while we lost our better players. It doesn't mean we will get promoted with those funds, but it's the least a new owner of such a big club potentially again should be looking at putting in.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

1, 3 - we have no assets, buyers simply purchase good will/the golden share plus the players, who for the most part lose value. This leaves us weak. Although my requirement is to watch good, competitive football played by a young squad of athletic gazelles in any league that option is unavailable so our white knight needs to get on and deliver The Prem as a priority. The guys in the Prem are getting further and further away so delay costs. Worse, the terraces are impatient and will turn making progress difficult again. So even though I may be priced out of the game by promotion and even if I'm not the kick off times will make life difficult I reluctantly sell my soul and choose option 5.

The lift buying the ground would give would be immeasurable IMO. That more than anything has driven a rift between fans/fans groups.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

If Cellino does indeed buy back the ground (and he has set himself up for a fall by saying he will) he will almost instantly win the hearts of all LUFC supporters.

I for one will be grateful, after all, Elland Road is the constant, I'd be heartbroken if we moved ground, in fact, if we did, it just would never be the same really.

So yeah Massimo, if you're reading this, buy back our home!
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

probably an unusual choice :lolno:

1, Buying back ER is fan-winner and a great opportunity to allow MC to flex his financial muscles - especially as the other bidders were scaping around for the share-purchase costs, being able to simply buy back ER will show how he blew the competition out of the water. It also makes financial sense as the club is worth more if it owns its own assets and it will remove the rent from the annual running costs (we need to half losses purely to conform to FFP). Unless he revives Risdale's old out of town stadium plans and builds a new one :shock: though I'd prefer staying at ER.

5, Common sense probably says (2) but fans are impatient - look at last summer everyone was buying into BMD 3 year plan and it was fine as long as were going to make the play-offs this season and maybe go up. The expectation of fans will be massive input and getting us up -anything less will be accepted just with disappointment (leeds fans are an ungrateful lot :lol: )

9, I think most people assume we are going to get an influx of Italian players - my missus thinks so, she says we'll be full of players with unpronounceable names by next year :lol: and I did think so too - one of Cellino's traits has been to find unknowns, play them for a while and sell them on. So maybe we will be a route for getting players into the PL. However I have been reading about “Cagliari Strike Force” and wonder if our youth system is one of the things that appealed to Massimo. Yes we will be getting unknown Europeans making their way through to PL sides but he'll want to show he can find unknown english players and get a stream of youth coming through.