Massimo Cellino - what do you want him to do for LUFC?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Massimo Cellino - what should be his top priorities?

1) BUY BACK ELLAND ROAD
30%
2) PROVIDE MODEST TRANSFER FUNDS TO SEE US RETURN TO THE EPL WITHIN 2-3 SEASONS
15%
3) BUY BACK THORP ARCH
6%
4) KEEP MANAGER BRIAN McDERMOTT
14%
5) PROVIDE 'BIG' TRANSFER FUNDS TO SEE US PROMOTED TO THE EPL NEXT SEASON
16%
6) IMPROVE FACILITIES AT ELLAND ROAD.
No votes
7) KEEP TICKET PRICES DOWN/AT CURRENT LEVEL.
9%
8) SEEK BIGGER, BETTER, MORE HIGH PROFILE SPONSORSHIP.
5%
9) ENSURE THE NUCLEUS OF THE TEAM IS BRITISH (Against a huge influx of Italians etc).
4%
10) CHANGE THE CLUB CREST (To an old one or even a new one).
2%

Total votes: 117

isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Massimo Cellino - what do you want him to do for LUFC?

Post by isrodger »

I digress, woukdnt mind changing badge back to the diagonal lufc (early 70's) and for me we will never be great again until we bring back the sock tags!! Track suits, one armed salute, sock tags and three floodlights.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

I've gone with 8,1,5.
Think we need to get BIG name sponsers in with us now, unsure how any contract with Enterprise is drawn up but if/when Cellino takes over, can he cancel the contract and put Flowers out of the picture totally? This added to our beloved Flamingoland possibly pulling out also means we need sponsorship rapidly. BIG name brands,marketing etc will bring in the revenue which will in turn ease the finnanical strain we once again find ourselves in...........
Buying back ER is also the same. It will save an enormous amount of money on our working budget and hopefully allow the cashflow to,er flow again. Also as sheepy says, it will endear him to a fanbase that he needs to connect with, and connect well with,and quickly.
With these two in place we can then move onto point five. Spend BIG on 3/4 quality players to help gel this team together and move forwards. I haven't placed much on Brian staying around. I'd say he's a dead man walking,regardless of whats happened already so far. Cellino's faults and constant undermining will wear any coach down i'd say and our Brian will be gone by the summer. We also have alot of players out of contract in the summer, Brown, Green,Norris, Tonge,Diouf which will again free up money in the coffers and allow point 5 to work at its best.
We have a future spine to a good team I feel. Kenny, Murphy, Mowatt and Rosco. Added to that Byram, Smith, Lees, Stewart are all young blood as well. We just need to fill the glaring gaps in the squad with quality. Most of our team nucleus is English anyways so I've no problem with a few spicy Italians coming to make up the numbers. Whatever happens with Cellino I think he'll do alright by us. He enjoys the public eye and he enjoys the beautiful game and has loadsamoney!!!! The benefactor we've ALL been crying out for.......

Lets see what becomes, but lets stay UNITED.........
MOT
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

To me there were three main things: Buy back Elland Road and Thorp Arch, and keep Brian McDermott. :)
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

For me it's 1. Buy back the ground which in turn releases funds. If he could sort the training ground at the same time great but we have no option to purchase and we may be better finding a brown field site. 2. Ensure there is a decent budget to gain promotion. 3. Stick to a philophosy of home grown ish.

I also want him to be a lot more hands off from a football perspective, back his manager season to season. As regards BMc I couldn't care if he continues as manager, asses him and if hes not the man for the job, get shut at the end of the season. BUT treat the man with respect, he desrves it, i know he's a good man... I hope he is a good manager.
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

I went 1,3 &4
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

There is an article in The Sun today, where Cellino is interviewed (apologies if posted elsewhere already), and it has the headline.

I promise ;

To buy back Elland Road

To keep McDermott

To give my sons jobs.

Not sure if he reads this thread :lol:, but I didn't see the last point as an option on the poll.

I'd put up a link but I don't know how to do it, perhaps someone else could oblige.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

Barlow Boy wrote:There is an article in The Sun today, where Cellino is interviewed (apologies if posted elsewhere already), and it has the headline.

I promise ;

To give my sons jobs.
The club are advertising for match-day kiosk vendors.
Perfect! :lol:
We're on our way to....
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Didn't see this in the list. TO REPAIR RELATIONSHIP WITH FLAMINGO LAND. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Ricardo Da Lepp »

1, 4 and 5 for me.

Securing the club's home and freeing up the punitive rent / ticket premium burden is number 1.
Continuity with a good manager and a decent person us important. Stability is much needed.
The playing staff needs investment putting in, and if he is taking the club over then a return to the lucrative Premier league at the earliest juncture is a priority too. After the debacle last week he needs to show some good faith and - in a very real sense - put his money where his mouth is.

After too many false dawns there is little patience left for prevarication or half-hearted gestures.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Apparently he was big about producing home grown talent at Cagliari, he's going to love us then - produce a youngster for the starting XI a year: Lees, Byram, Mowatt.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."