Massimo Cellino - what do you want him to do for LUFC?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Massimo Cellino - what should be his top priorities?

1) BUY BACK ELLAND ROAD
30%
2) PROVIDE MODEST TRANSFER FUNDS TO SEE US RETURN TO THE EPL WITHIN 2-3 SEASONS
15%
3) BUY BACK THORP ARCH
6%
4) KEEP MANAGER BRIAN McDERMOTT
14%
5) PROVIDE 'BIG' TRANSFER FUNDS TO SEE US PROMOTED TO THE EPL NEXT SEASON
16%
6) IMPROVE FACILITIES AT ELLAND ROAD.
No votes
7) KEEP TICKET PRICES DOWN/AT CURRENT LEVEL.
9%
8) SEEK BIGGER, BETTER, MORE HIGH PROFILE SPONSORSHIP.
5%
9) ENSURE THE NUCLEUS OF THE TEAM IS BRITISH (Against a huge influx of Italians etc).
4%
10) CHANGE THE CLUB CREST (To an old one or even a new one).
2%

Total votes: 117

Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Massimo Cellino - what do you want him to do for LUFC?

Post by Aces »

I like that analogy of running a Fiat 500 in Italy, Calgliari and now a Fararri, referring to Leeds. :lol:

We might be a Ferarri, but we are one of those run down and neglected ones, but with a lot of renovating and TLC, we can be a minter again. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Ha would the advert be like this:

FERRARI FOR SALE
NEEDS SOME TLC
HAS HAD 5 PREVIOUS OWNERS WHO HAVE RUN IT INTO THE GROUND
Looney4Leeds
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Looney4Leeds »

I went 5,7,8..
KEEP CALM & MARCH ON TOGETHER!
Lee
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Lee »

If he does as he has said and buys back the ground he will win a lot of the doubters over. We have been promised this now by Bates and by GFH and it was basically bullsh*t. Cellino has clearly done his homework on this.

I understand why some of the posters above don't see this as important issue and would rather have the money in the team rather than real estate but renting the ground is a big financial millstone around our necks. Over a million £ a season has to be found. If Cellino can afford to puchase ER, this becomes an assett to him and not a hindrence to team building.

There are more questions than answers on Cellino and i don't think the proverbial "ups n downs" are over just yet. Hold tight, this clapped out Ferraris not ready for the knackers yard just yet.
Last edited by Lee on 09 Feb 2014, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
July 26th 2013. The day Leeds United rid themselves of an odious git.
Ferris
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Ferris »

I like the whole run down Ferrari idea.
The team are the engine - a bit run down with some old parts that need replacing, but a reliable enough, with good days and bad.
McDermott is the chassis - holding things together and to be built upon
Elland road is the garage - we rent it but would feel more secure if we owned it
Cellino could be the petrol - we've been running on empty for a while, i just hope he doesn't put diesel in by mistake :?
And the fans are the nuts and bolts that hold it all together, some of us are a bit old and rusty :shh: but it wouldn't run without us

Of course it would have to be in classic Ferrari white, blue and yellow :D
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Sheepy wrote:Ha would the advert be like this:

FERRARI FOR SALE
NEEDS SOME TLC
HAS HAD 5 PREVIOUS OWNERS WHO HAVE RUN IT INTO THE GROUND
:lol: :D :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Ferris wrote:I like the whole run down Ferrari idea.
The team are the engine - a bit run down with some old parts that need replacing, but a reliable enough, with good days and bad.
Elland road is the garage - we rent it but would feel more secure if we owned it
Cellino could be the petrol - we've been running on empty for a while, i just hope he doesn't put diesel in by mistake :?
And the fans are the nuts and bolts that hold it all together, some of us are a bit old and rusty :shh: but it wouldn't run without us

This is brilliant, and your username is 'Ferris' - ruddy perfect :D.

After the recent revelations and what Cellino's said recently, I'm much happier at the prospect of him taking over, seems to be saying the right things - hopefully he'll do the right things too.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SiMamu wrote:

After the recent revelations and what Cellino's said recently, I'm much happier at the prospect of him taking over, seems to be saying the right things - hopefully he'll do the right things too.

We were looking at going in to Administration with the last shower running us, so if, or when he takes over, he must be an improvement on that, it's been said on here we could be deducted 20+ points and be facing relegation! or even demoted a division. Just how bad can he be? So he might sack a lot of managers, is this massively bad? So he might interfere with the team, bringing in players, or buying players the manager doesn't want, how bad is that? He might annoy the crap out of the fans with his eccentric ways, but again compared to possible relegation, just how bad is any of this?
Vince Hilaire
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Vince Hilaire »

SiMamu wrote:

Of course he is saying the right things. How else can he blind the so called Leeds fans, whilst distributing his '30 pieces of silver'

Sheepy - There was no option for...gtfo out of our club you corrupt Italian. So I have abstained from the vote.
any old iron
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Unless I'm missing something, if he doesn't take over we will go in to Administration again and be at the mercy of the FA.