Our so called fans

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Our so called fans

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I think they’d be better employed finding these missile throwers. Can see why they’re going to stop these kids coming on the pitch. It’s a new thing this trend of making a sign asking for a certain players shirt but they shouldn’t be on the pitch, that is the kids not the players ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Barlow Boy wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:Leeds United have said that any children encroaching onto the pitch that the parents/guardians will receive a one year ban.
That’s a bit much, blimey, it’s just a few kids wanting the shirt of their heroes.
It isn't though is it? It has been parents letting their kids break the rules just because they feel 'entitled' to ask. And that certainly wasn't a kid begging Bamford on the pitch for his shirt after the Brentford match :D

I know it shouldn't be an issue but it has become one, it's just how society is - it has to be addressed as it will only create problems, a proper can of worms. I remember a bit of trouble in the 1970s when the players handed out free footballs and, most prized of all, the sock tags - with kids getting bullied or robbed by other fans.

I also know that this probably makes me look like a right Scrooge but I don't mind :)
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I think they’d be better employed finding these missile throwers. Can see why they’re going to stop these kids coming on the pitch. It’s a new thing this trend of making a sign asking for a certain players shirt but they shouldn’t be on the pitch, that is the kids not the players ;)
They should put their ebay name on the posters, it would be easier for others to find it when it's put up for sale. :twisted:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:Leeds United have said that any children encroaching onto the pitch that the parents/guardians will receive a one year ban.
That’s a bit much, blimey, it’s just a few kids wanting the shirt of their heroes.
It isn't though is it? It has been parents letting their kids break the rules just because they feel 'entitled' to ask. And that certainly wasn't a kid begging Bamford on the pitch for his shirt after the Brentford match :D

I know it shouldn't be an issue but it has become one, it's just how society is - it has to be addressed as it will only create problems, a proper can of worms. I remember a bit of trouble in the 1970s when the players handed out free footballs and, most prized of all, the sock tags - with kids getting bullied or robbed by other fans.

I also know that this probably makes me look like a right Scrooge but I don't mind :)
I’ve only seen it happen around 3 or 4 times in the last 8/9 seasons at most, a little kid did it after the Burnley game. I can see how it could be considered the ‘norm’ if it’s allowed to continue, but feels like a sledgehammer to crush a nut to me.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

I’ve only seen it happen around 3 or 4 times in the last 8/9 seasons at most, a little kid did it after the Burnley game. I can see how it could be considered the ‘norm’ if it’s allowed to continue, but feels like a sledgehammer to crush a nut to me.
Is that per season? It's happened at least 3 times this season so far. Burnley, and a couple near the beginning of the season. One where the kid ran up to Bamford, said something, then ran back to NE corner, and another when they were walking round the pitch and the kid ran to them walked a bit got a shirt and ran back.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Nic wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Is that per season? It's happened at least 3 times this season so far. Burnley, and a couple near the beginning of the season. One where the kid ran up to Bamford, said something, then ran back to NE corner, and another when they were walking round the pitch and the kid ran to them walked a bit got a shirt and ran back.
Yes, per season, roughly 3 times per say 24 games including cup games, (more in the Championship), that’s something like 88% of the time it doesn’t happen.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Nic wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Yes, per season, roughly 3 times per say 24 games including cup games, (more in the Championship), that’s something like 88% of the time it doesn’t happen.
With respect, my honorable colleague, it's happening 'a lot' this season, and that's all that matters really :) AND it will only increase if the club allows it.

But I half agree, it's one of those damned if you do/damned if you don't scenarios. My issuea about it all probably stems back to childhood jealousies, the haves and the have-nots. I was firmly in the have-nots crowd :lol:

I think the club have mentioned something about people's safety on the pitch too, which sounds a bit lame an excuse but it has to be said, a couple of those kids went absolutely flying on the wet surface and there is a chance one will get hurt if it happens again. In the end, it's invading the pitch, regardless of age, and that's against the law plus the clubs are in trouble if they let people encroach on the pitch.