Our so called fans

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Our so called fans

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Mateus Klich & now Tyler Roberts have deleted their accounts on Twitter due to abuse from our fans. I have never attacked or overly criticised one of players. In my opinion this is a new wave of fan these people weren’t following the club during the dark days of League 1. Should the club ban these people from entering ER or are they entitled to their beliefs ?
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Our so called fans

Post by Mr Russell »

This is so sad for these 2 players have to put up with abuse from faceless morons, these so called new fan(s) that hide behind their phones/computers deserve our anger and to be 100% barred from ever entering Elland Road or in fact any football ground.

It's different on places such as here and most other respected forums where we can say he played crap or good and discuss it without being abusive.

Roberts and Klich have my 100% support as long as they pull on a Leeds shirt.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sadly social media provides the opportunity for the morons to have their warped say.
It's basically same as the people who become bully's in the fact they only do it when the victim can't fight back. In this instance hide behind a keyboard.
None would say anything to the players face.

Cant call themselves fans because actions like this must be detrimental to performance.
Encouragement not abuse is the way to get the best out of everyone, always has been.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

For any failing our players might have at least they give 100% every game it’s expected by MB. As a fan that’s all I expect. A player who wasn’t our best, As for these keyboard warriors I saw after the attacks on Mateus a couple of them shortly afterwards closed their accounts. Yes I believe that these people should receive bans from ER, if indeed they actually attend games.

Let’s hope the fans tonight & on Saturday show our players it really is a very tiny part of our support & the vast amount of us are behind every player that has helped us achieve Premiership status again.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Let’s hope the fans give Klich a rousing reception tonight. I’m also in the ban camp :twisted:
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Disgusting individuals, name, shame and ban.

Really do need to learn what the word "support" means.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Yep, name shame and ban them. Boils my blood.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

This man deserves our thanks not abuse.

Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Aqua- »

I dont get it... Of course people are entitled to have their own believes and sound their concern, but why actively attack a player?
Let's say that you are the kind of person who thinks it's ok to attack a player for playing bad or making a mistake, is it really beneficial to attack your own playeres? how is this helping the situation?
Now say you can even c ome up with a way of how attacking your own set of players might be helpful, why klich? he's been one of the better players for us since we are something again. And above all how can anyone watch that foul and say "yeah, that klich is reckless, def pen"? this was an awful call by the ref, which i expect (god knows why) the FA to come up with an explanation how this is a foul while many other tackles (in & out side the box) aren't. specifically the rice james foul (very merciful of the ref to not give red), the robert foul on werner few minutes later (at least a yellow, but he was merciful there too), then why all of a sudden for such a slight touch you give a pen?

There's a fine line between critisizing and abusing, however tagging a player in a twit full of curse words and hatred can not be mistaked as the former. put an end to it.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

As I mentioned on the match thread, I do think the medium is the big issue in this case. Twitter seems to drive people to insanity when it comes to football. On here, we have a varying degree of positive and negative outlooks, but even those who bemoan players' performance do it in a way that's largely respectful. Twitter just doesn't have that filter. It's a cesspit in football terms, because people only have two modes - absolute unadulterated joy and complete hatred. We could valiantly lose a game 1 - 0 to 1970 Brazil and people on there would paint it like we'd just been slapped around by some Conference no-marks. When you couple that with the anonymity of hiding behind a Twitter account, people just lose the plot and go far too far.

Directly tweeting at players and giving them dog's abuse just isn't on. These players are a big part of our recent history, and even if they aren't playing at their best, they don't need nor deserve to have this sort of tripe directed at them. It's a shame that the actions of what is a large number of people on Twitter means players feel like they can't use social media. I'd ban them from the ground, but I suspect a lot of them probably don't have any intention of going to a match anyway. They just revel in the negativity and bile they spew.