Is it time for Bielsa to go? (Poll)

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is it time for Bielsa to go?

Yes
8%
No
92%

Total votes: 65

JaneAlora
Giddy Kipper

Re: Is it time for Bielsa to go? (Poll)

Post by JaneAlora »

No. I think he should be given more time because we owe him a lot.
hello
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

JaneAlora wrote:No. I think he should be given more time because we owe him a lot.
Welcome to the forum, JaneAlora. :thumbup:
If you like you can introduce yourself here http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=4
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Deebo wrote:To paraphrase someone from yesterday's twitter feed, Rocco: It's taken three and a half years, ten first team players being injured, and consecutive games against three of the most expensive squads ever assembled in English football for Bielsa to lose three games in a row.

While I am not at all surprised to see some people questioning Bielsa (I've been a Leeds supporter a LOOOONG time, I know these sections of our fan base all too well), be very careful what you wish for. The problem with "What's after Bielsa?" is quite simple: there won't be someone like him again for a very long time. Enjoy every last moment of this footballing God's time with us, because when its over, we will be missing his presence long into the future.

Is it time for him to go? NO.

Is it even sensible to be asking this question? NO.

Do I think some of our supporters have no real sense of perspective and/or rational thought? YES
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: perfect post
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

Davycc wrote:
Deebo wrote:To paraphrase someone from yesterday's twitter feed, Rocco: It's taken three and a half years, ten first team players being injured, and consecutive games against three of the most expensive squads ever assembled in English football for Bielsa to lose three games in a row.

While I am not at all surprised to see some people questioning Bielsa (I've been a Leeds supporter a LOOOONG time, I know these sections of our fan base all too well), be very careful what you wish for. The problem with "What's after Bielsa?" is quite simple: there won't be someone like him again for a very long time. Enjoy every last moment of this footballing God's time with us, because when its over, we will be missing his presence long into the future.

Is it time for him to go? NO.

Is it even sensible to be asking this question? NO.

Do I think some of our supporters have no real sense of perspective and/or rational thought? YES
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: perfect post

:thumbup:
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Deebo wrote:...The problem with "What's after Bielsa?" is quite simple: there won't be someone like him again for a very long time...
...if ever!

Brilliant post Deebo, always great to see you on here.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

I missed this - of course not and we shouldn’t be putting up a poll on this one.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Tedbaker wrote:I missed this - of course not and we shouldn’t be putting up a poll on this one.
I completely agree but in the spirit of 'free speech', we let it go on.

Similar to how I genuinely could not understand or respect Leeds fans who defended/liked Cellino, I am quite astounded by anyone thinking it's remotely a good/sensible/appropriate idea to get rid of the manager who has practically headed the rebuilding and revolution of our club. And those who say sack him without a clue of who realistically could come in and do better AND reverse the bad feeling caused by the sacking of MB, I think need to realise this isn't Football Manager. And even to contemplate sacking any manager at Christmas time is pretty disgusting - a few of us have said that on here about other clubs before, it isn't a dig at any individuals.
selbydave
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by selbydave »

even if MB decides to call it a day at the end of the season any new manager will want to bring in his own players which could easily cost 100m
if we sell raph and KP to raise the cash we seriously weaken the team without any guarentee that players coming in will gel or improve the team

the rebuild we know the team needs has to be done by the guy who knows the players best so that has to be MB, he might have to expand the squad tho
Clarke One Nil
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Clarke One Nil »

For me, a more useful question is ‘How do we ensure that Bielsa stays?’ After so many years becalmed in the championship and lower, the positive revolution he has brought to the club and beyond is amazing. It’s the type of joyful football that reminds me why I fell in love with the game as a child, and as a bonus led by a humble ethical manager.

BielsaBall has been ups and downs all the way. We started off playing glam-rock football, dropped into the playoffs and lost to Derby, came back stronger and got promoted, over-performed expectations last season, and are now going through a rough patch that looks worse than it is with almost a full team of players injured.

Everyone loves BielsaBall when results are going well, and I love it during the rough patches too. It’s not that he doesn’t have a Plan B. He has lots of mini-Plan-B’s during every game. But his big-picture priority during each game seems to be to further embed and get better at Plan A, which I think is wise in the long run.

It will take years, if ever, to steadily approach matching the mega-wealthy clubs. We simply don’t have the money to buy our way up there, and we’ve seen what happens when we borrow to try doing that. Bielsa’s small-squad philosophy can be crippled by freak injury pile-ups, but it also means that we are bringing through young players.

As an aside, I don’t see us being in a relegation battle. We’re not even in the relegation places, we have a full team of players to return, and half a season to work our way up the table. But wherever we end up, I’m enjoying every minute of it.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Clarke One Nil wrote:For me, a more useful question is ‘How do we ensure that Bielsa stays?’ After so many years becalmed in the championship and lower, the positive revolution he has brought to the club and beyond is amazing. It’s the type of joyful football that reminds me why I fell in love with the game as a child, and as a bonus led by a humble ethical manager.

BielsaBall has been ups and downs all the way. We started off playing glam-rock football, dropped into the playoffs and lost to Derby, came back stronger and got promoted, over-performed expectations last season, and are now going through a rough patch that looks worse than it is with almost a full team of players injured.

Everyone loves BielsaBall when results are going well, and I love it during the rough patches too. It’s not that he doesn’t have a Plan B. He has lots of mini-Plan-B’s during every game. But his big-picture priority during each game seems to be to further embed and get better at Plan A, which I think is wise in the long run.

It will take years, if ever, to steadily approach matching the mega-wealthy clubs. We simply don’t have the money to buy our way up there, and we’ve seen what happens when we borrow to try doing that. Bielsa’s small-squad philosophy can be crippled by freak injury pile-ups, but it also means that we are bringing through young players.

As an aside, I don’t see us being in a relegation battle. We’re not even in the relegation places, we have a full team of players to return, and half a season to work our way up the table. But wherever we end up, I’m enjoying every minute of it.
Brilliant that mate :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.