Another viewpoint

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Another viewpoint

Post by mapperleywhite »

This post would have made a nice adjunct to the 'Bielsa Out?' thread...

Graeme Souness writes a very insightful column in the Sunday Times and he opined about Leeds:

"Whenever I watch Leeds: I ask myself, what is more important to Bielsa, the way his team plays or getting the result?"

This made me think he might have a point. Although I reflected upon our win at the Ethiad last season and thought maybe no.

What do we think people?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
The Squirrel
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Another viewpoint

Post by The Squirrel »

I think Bielsa just thinks the way he plays is the best way to get a result.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

The Squirrel wrote:I think Bielsa just thinks the way he plays is the best way to get a result.
Doubt any manager worth his salt wouldn't play a way he didn't think best.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

The Fonz wrote:
The Squirrel wrote:I think Bielsa just thinks the way he plays is the best way to get a result.
Doubt any manager worth his salt wouldn't play a way he didn't think best.
It is all about Belief.

Some managers will believe their best chance is to shut up shop, park the bus, etc and play that way even when it's not clear cut.

Bielsa believes there is always a chance of getting a result if you play, and in essence it is. Last season we got results against teams you wouldn't expect to. This season an injury hit squad has meant this has been more difficult.

It is often fine margins, such as the Chelsea game where if it hadn't been for that last minute penalty we'd have celebrated a 2-2 draw and how it was almost a win. If we had gone there to defend only, then we would have lost and possibly thinking a poor Chelsea side could only just beat us.