[Poll] How long will Cellino keep McDermott as manager?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

How long will Cellino keep Brian McDermott as manager

Only until the ownership is confirmed, done and dusted (he wants his own man in)
10%
Until BMD loses 2 or 3 games in a row
29%
He'll give him the rest of the reason and put a new coach in place in the summer
40%
Into next season, and he'll go during when we've poor results
15%
Cellino's bought into the plan - Brian's here until the end of next season (at least)
6%

Total votes: 48

Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

[Poll] How long will Cellino keep McDermott as manager?

Post by Nic »

Following on from the Yes/No thread, thought I'd ask how long will Massimo keep Brian rather than just a will he?
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: [Poll] How long will Cellino keep McDermott as manager?

Post by Aces »

I would hope he would give him this summer in the transfer market, to get some decent players in and then see how he fairs for maybe three months in to the new season. I don't think he will, I think he will wait until it is impossible to get in to a play off place and then replace him with a manager he wants, to bed him in for the last few games and then be ready with his own signings for the new season in August.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Aces wrote:I would hope he would give him this summer in the transfer market, to get some decent players in and then see how he fairs for maybe three months in to the new season. I don't think he will, I think he will wait until it is impossible to get in to a play off place and then replace him with a manager he wants, to bed him in for the last few games and then be ready with his own signings for the new season in August.
I agree, I would hope he gives Brian funds and sees how he performs next season, but that's what you expect off of normal owners of english teams, not Cellino. Brian will most likely be gone before the seasons closed. I doubt that Cellino can do it straight away - he's seen the reaction by fans and hence why he's stated he wants to work with Brian, but that's all dependant on results. If our blip is over and we go on a good run then he'll keep Brian, but a couple of losses and he'll be replaced with his own man.
thesloth
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by thesloth »

Cellino is crazy, unpredictable.
In our forum we left this kind of discussion lot of years ago.
However, I think that he will change the coach in the summer
Denunciami brai oo, ma poi caha w con la fu bucu iser cazzo.m...
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

thesloth wrote:Cellino is crazy, unpredictable.
In our forum we left this kind of discussion lot of years ago.
However, I think that he will change the coach in the summer
Sloth - Looking at Cellinios record at Calgary, given the size of the club, I would say its rather impressive. The ground issue, was huge, but I'm not sure he is entirely to blame, and he appears to have wanted to do the right thing. If he buys back our ground as he says he will, it will buy him a lot of favour. Question is it his constant changing of managers which is the biggest issue you have with him? That's the only issue I can see with him owning Leeds, oh an the fact he's italian ! (Solo schezando mio amico).
thesloth

Post by thesloth »

Cellino changed a coach because, after a match lost, saw him at the restaurant eating a big sea bass.
He has money, but he's crazy. I hope for your team more luck than mine, and I'm sure that whitin a brief period of time financials will be ok, but he remains a mad, it's a fact.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

thesloth wrote:Cellino changed a coach because, after a match lost, saw him at the restaurant eating a big sea bass.
He has money, but he's crazy. I hope for your team more luck than mine, and I'm sure that whitin a brief period of time financials will be ok, but he remains a mad, it's a fact.
So as an owner he will ensure a financially sound structure but will disrupt the football side constantly changing managers ?
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

thesloth wrote:Cellino changed a coach because, after a match lost, saw him at the restaurant eating a big sea bass.
If your team is Calgliari, your playing in the top division of football in Italy, you are a tiny club, with not many supporters, whereas we have been a top club in English football and have a lot of supporters, 40,000 each game when in the premiership, but we are currently in the second division. Give me Calgliaris luck to ours anytime mate.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
thesloth

Post by thesloth »

isrodger wrote:
So as an owner he will ensure a financially sound structure but will disrupt the football side constantly changing managers ?
Actually, we prefer call him "accountant" instead manager, and when coaches find another team he can quit to pay them. But we need of achievements, f*** **f the balance sheet!
cagliari_fan
Giddy Kipper

Post by cagliari_fan »

Cellino will do good in the beginning, trying to capture your confidence. He's not a fool and no one can deny he has nose for football matters: 22 years of italian football experience must mean something. I'm sure he'll get youback to PL pretty soon. Once achieved that, don't expect he''l be interested in achieving any higher. Whatever bad he's going to do, he will never be responsible but always a victim of circumstances, people, bad luck blah blah blah....The team is his personal toy. HE can break it, re-build it, sacking managers and players because 'they don't love our team and our people' .
In 22 years, We've never seen a plan, a project to help the team grow, no matter how small, only istinctive decisions,à6 depending on what his temper was when he woke up that morning. Oh, but your balance sheets will be as immaculate as they can be. Which is fine, I admit. But then again , wouldn't you want to go a bit past that, if you were a fan?