Gianluca Festa to join coaching team under McDermott

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: Gianluca Festa to join coaching team under McDermott

Post by Independent Republic »

Aces wrote:I was happy when we got Hunt, at this level is ability to me is without question, but it hasn't worked out for one reason or another and I fear it never will now, age being against him. It's a shame because a fit Noël Hunt could have seen us pushing nearer for a play off place, it is all speculation and opinion and we won't ever know now.

He's very similar to Ross and I could never see him getting 20+ goals per season and as they can't be played at the same time he'll be no loss. However, he was well worth the punt by BM, but he's not what we need at present so I'm afraid he goes in the outbox for next season.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Gianluca Festa to join coaching team under McDermott

Post by Aces »

Independent Republic wrote:
Aces wrote:I was happy when we got Hunt, at this level is ability to me is without question, but it hasn't worked out for one reason or another and I fear it never will now, age being against him. It's a shame because a fit Noël Hunt could have seen us pushing nearer for a play off place, it is all speculation and opinion and we won't ever know now.

He's very similar to Ross and I could never see him getting 20+ goals per season and as they can't be played at the same time he'll be no loss. However, he was well worth the punt by BM, but he's not what we need at present so I'm afraid he goes in the outbox for next season.
I think your right, it's a shame it hasn't worked out for him, a fit and able Noël Hunt would have been an asset to any team in the championship in my opinion.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT