Relegation rivals

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: Relegation rivals

Post by The Fonz »

guitarmark wrote:Nice report on the Beeb regarding Everton's financial losses - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61529371

Key details are :-

Both clubs wrote to the league last week regarding Everton's most recent accounts which showed losses of £120.9m for the 2020-21 season.

They have posted losses of £372m over the past three years.

League profitability and sustainability rules allow for losses of £105m over a three-year period.

Everton say that Covid-19 losses over the past two seasons amount to £170m, which can be deducted from their total.

But that figure has caused surprise among some Premier League teams because it dwarfs clubs of a similar size.

Earlier this week, Newcastle posted Covid-19 losses of £40m over the past two seasons, while Aston Villa said theirs amounted to £56m.
The Times also running the story
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/leed ... -ptttlj9fc

Really does read that Everton are cheating the FFP rules using Covid when you look at other clubs reported losses.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Don't know what is going on today? Have made two posts on this thread neither of which has appeared anywhere?
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Don't know what is going on today? Have made two posts on this thread neither of which has appeared anywhere?
Well this one has obviously worked Sir John, please let us know if you encounter further problems.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I'm all for it, SOMEONE has to officially complain. I'm not expecting anything positive to come out of it as a result and I really don't care if it's embarrassing for some fans or that it looks like sour grapes, it's infinitely better than just standing back and letting corruption from certain clubs continue unabated.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The Everton issue is dead in the water. Whoever survives relegation this week-end will be out of this twosome like a rocket to avoid potential legal fees, leaving the relegated club in isolation. Everton, via legal action, could also prevent the league kicking off next season with all the TV contract ramifications. What's the bet on a one point deduction which still leaves Everton safe? :lol:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:The Everton issue is dead in the water. Whoever survives relegation this week-end will be out of this twosome like a rocket to avoid potential legal fees, leaving the relegated club in isolation. Everton, via legal action, could also prevent the league kicking off next season with all the TV contract ramifications. What's the bet on a one point deduction which still leaves Everton safe? :lol:
Don't think you're too far away from the truth there John.

PS I've no idea why your last couple of posts didn't show.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

The Fonz wrote:
guitarmark wrote:Nice report on the Beeb regarding Everton's financial losses - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61529371
Key details are :-
Both clubs wrote to the league last week regarding Everton's most recent accounts which showed losses of £120.9m for the 2020-21 season.
They have posted losses of £372m over the past three years.
League profitability and sustainability rules allow for losses of £105m over a three-year period.
Everton say that Covid-19 losses over the past two seasons amount to £170m, which can be deducted from their total.
But that figure has caused surprise among some Premier League teams because it dwarfs clubs of a similar size.
Earlier this week, Newcastle posted Covid-19 losses of £40m over the past two seasons, while Aston Villa said theirs amounted to £56m.
The Times also running the story
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/leed ... -ptttlj9fc
Really does read that Everton are cheating the FFP rules using Covid when you look at other clubs reported losses.
If that is their position and the club is on that kind of slippery slope then the truth will out. I can see them having another season hovering at the bottom of the table - especially if FFL is kept on who seems yo be poncing around like he is some sort of Second Coming :roll: Their finances will not do a 180 degree turn overnight.......
Keep The Faith / WAL
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Most that will possibly happen is perhaps a transfer ban or something. Leeds or Burnley will not benefit f4om this directly. It is a stupid distraction to have going into the last game of the season.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

corkleedsmot wrote:Most that will possibly happen is perhaps a transfer ban or something. Leeds or Burnley will not benefit f4om this directly. It is a stupid distraction to have going into the last game of the season.
I think the transfer ban (or restriction - not sure of the details) has already been put in place.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote: I think the transfer ban (or restriction - not sure of the details) has already been put in place.
John,
Thought Everton 2 year transfer ban is for the academy for illegally tapping up a youth player.
Not been found guilty of breaking FFP rules yet as far as I know.
If they are guilty I believe it could well be a points deduction but most likely next season.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.