Relegation rivals

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Professor Giles
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Relegation rivals

Post by Professor Giles »

We were poor all season but we still looked like a much better team than Burnley for most of it. Can't complain if / when we go down though as Radz and Orta took a huge risk and will pay for it now.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

corkleedsmot wrote:Sickening. We are basically gone now. I can't see us beating anybody atm. Disgraceful out of palace though.
I don't trust Newcastle to do anything away from home. Us having to better Burnleys result away.... I just know we are gone.
Farcical season and the damage was done upstairs.
We are down now. It's over. Anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves. Every result when it has mattered has gone against us. This weekend will be the same. Back to the Championship. Let's hope it's not another 20 years before we get back to PL.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:One last roll of the dice on Sunday - there'll be all the time in the world for recriminations afterwards, I'm staying positive until Sunday's game is done.
I'll stick with you fella. Maybe it's an age thing but I find giving up when theres still a chance a bit boring.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

I'm resigned to relegation for a while now.
Being in the Champo it's not a big problem for me, I like that league, also I think our squad is the strongest there, even if our top players go. We only need a good coach to get back at first try.
IrelandLeeds
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by IrelandLeeds »

It looks like relegation.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

I just can't understand how we bought no striker in January. Went for a midfielder they knew they wouldn't get til the summer and pretended they could get nothing to improve the squad. They have burned all their goodwill this season doing that and sacking Bielsa. Another anonymous championship club now. Whatever way Sunday ends Orta has to go. He is incompetent.
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

corkleedsmot wrote:I just can't understand how we bought no striker in January. Went for a midfielder they knew they wouldn't get til the summer and pretended they could get nothing to improve the squad. They have burned all their goodwill this season doing that and sacking Bielsa. Another anonymous championship club now. Whatever way Sunday ends Orta has to go. He is incompetent.
Orta has a bad track record when you look at successes versus failures.

It was clear we needed reinforcements in midfield since Bielsa took over. Did Bielsa ever get any midfielders (first team not U23), I can't think of any off top of my head?
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

Gordon Bloody Bennett what a football night. :evil: :evil:
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

blackbox2342 wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:I just can't understand how we bought no striker in January. Went for a midfielder they knew they wouldn't get til the summer and pretended they could get nothing to improve the squad. They have burned all their goodwill this season doing that and sacking Bielsa. Another anonymous championship club now. Whatever way Sunday ends Orta has to go. He is incompetent.
Orta has a bad track record when you look at successes versus failures.

It was clear we needed reinforcements in midfield since Bielsa took over. Did Bielsa ever get any midfielders (first team not U23), I can't think of any off top of my head?
he has been the weakest link by a mile. Clearly useless at his job. If you are director of football you never ever take the kind of risk he took. If you have money you buy a striker 100% of the time. Bamford is massive for us defensively too not just goals. It is a head scratcher.

I feel quite hopeless tonight and resigned to us being done but on Sunday I will be optimistic again. No matter the result though Orta needs to get moved on. I would insta sack him for what he let happen. I really don't understand how he could keep his job either way. An absolute bluffer.
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

You won’t have to wait long, he won’t be here next season.