Relegation rivals

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Relegation rivals

Post by blackbox2342 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
superfox wrote:I'm resigned to relegation for a while now.
Being in the Champo it's not a big problem for me, I like that league, also I think our squad is the strongest there, even if our top players go. We only need a good coach to get back at first try.
Assume you’ll be going to all these games against Luton, Stoke and Birmingham on a cold Tuesday night in January then pal :D
Superfox will this do?

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Guys I am tempted to run a poll for those who have us relegated already.

If we do manage to stay up will you be going to watch Championship games next season or will you attend ER, watch Leeds in the Premiership and happily eat your words?

Was going to put "serious question" but it's not really ........................
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
IrelandLeeds
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by IrelandLeeds »

Metro1962 wrote:Gordon Bloody Bennett what a football night. :evil: :evil:
Where did the expression,’ Gordon Bennett’ originate?
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

IrelandLeeds wrote:
https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/gordon-bennett.html
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Obviously, we are all hoping for a Newcastle win on Sunday, just remembered Eddie Howe used to manage Burnley.

Hope he’s not feeling sentimental :shock: :shock: :shock:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Barlow Boy wrote:Obviously, we are all hoping for a Newcastle win on Sunday, just remembered Eddie Howe used to manage Burnley.

Hope he’s not feeling sentimental :shock: :shock: :shock:
Don't think he was treated well there and left stating personal reasons (family issues)
They were 16th in the championship at the time after finishing much higher the previous season and the fans weren't behind him.
Cant see too many sentiments.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Metro1962 wrote:
IrelandLeeds wrote:
There was a Theatre Porter at a hospital in Walsall where I worked once upon a time. Great laugh for everyone else but must have been dead tedious for him the poor bugger. Took it all in good heart though and laughed through most of the stick he got. Not sure I could be that tolerant! :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
IrelandLeeds
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by IrelandLeeds »

Metro1962 wrote:
IrelandLeeds wrote:
Thanks for that. Normally up to speed on Cockney rhyming slang, from Delboy, and the Walford crew. Thanks
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Nice report on the Beeb regarding Everton's financial losses - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61529371

Key details are :-

Both clubs wrote to the league last week regarding Everton's most recent accounts which showed losses of £120.9m for the 2020-21 season.

They have posted losses of £372m over the past three years.

League profitability and sustainability rules allow for losses of £105m over a three-year period.

Everton say that Covid-19 losses over the past two seasons amount to £170m, which can be deducted from their total.

But that figure has caused surprise among some Premier League teams because it dwarfs clubs of a similar size.

Earlier this week, Newcastle posted Covid-19 losses of £40m over the past two seasons, while Aston Villa said theirs amounted to £56m.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

guitarmark wrote:Nice report on the Beeb regarding Everton's financial losses - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61529371

Key details are :-

Both clubs wrote to the league last week regarding Everton's most recent accounts which showed losses of £120.9m for the 2020-21 season.

They have posted losses of £372m over the past three years.

League profitability and sustainability rules allow for losses of £105m over a three-year period.

Everton say that Covid-19 losses over the past two seasons amount to £170m, which can be deducted from their total.

But that figure has caused surprise among some Premier League teams because it dwarfs clubs of a similar size.

Earlier this week, Newcastle posted Covid-19 losses of £40m over the past two seasons, while Aston Villa said theirs amounted to £56m.
I know it was 20 years ago but didn't we go bankrupt with losses in that region.

I'm one that is pleased we have owners that appear to run the ship with some sort of financial stability (or so it appears to me).
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.