Relegation rivals

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Relegation rivals

Post by blackbox2342 »

Shadwell White wrote:You won’t have to wait long, he won’t be here next season.
Needs to happen quick, a big rebuild is needed for Championship next season.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Shadwell White wrote:You won’t have to wait long, he won’t be here next season.
Says who? The 3 lads upstairs are very tight.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

superfox wrote:I'm resigned to relegation for a while now.
Being in the Champo it's not a big problem for me, I like that league, also I think our squad is the strongest there, even if our top players go. We only need a good coach to get back at first try.
Not for me. Garbage teams playing horrendous, negative football, games every midweek (or so it feels), getting done by long balls and teams camped in their own box. No thanks.

Also, I think it’s naive to think we’d bounce straight back. The odd team manages it, but plenty get dragged into the boggy mess that is that league and end up with an extended stay under their belt. And I don’t necessarily think we’re stronger than a good few teams in that league when you consider the players we’ll lose as part of going down. We’d struggle without some strong, wise investment. And that alone is a tall order for this board.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Being in the Champo it's not a big problem for me, I like that league, also I think our squad is the strongest there, even if our top players go. We only need a good coach to get back at first try.
Assume you’ll be going to all these games against Luton, Stoke and Birmingham on a cold Tuesday night in January then pal :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

superfox wrote:IWe only need a good coach to get back at first try.
With fours wheels on it one of which is bit wobbly at best. :lol: :lol:
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

corkleedsmot wrote:
blackbox2342 wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:I just can't understand how we bought no striker in January. Went for a midfielder they knew they wouldn't get til the summer and pretended they could get nothing to improve the squad. They have burned all their goodwill this season doing that and sacking Bielsa. Another anonymous championship club now. Whatever way Sunday ends Orta has to go. He is incompetent.
Orta has a bad track record when you look at successes versus failures.
It was clear we needed reinforcements in midfield since Bielsa took over. Did Bielsa ever get any midfielders (first team not U23), I can't think of any off top of my head?
he has been the weakest link by a mile. Clearly useless at his job. If you are director of football you never ever take the kind of risk he took. If you have money you buy a striker 100% of the time. Bamford is massive for us defensively too not just goals. It is a head scratcher.
I feel quite hopeless tonight and resigned to us being done but on Sunday I will be optimistic again. No matter the result though Orta needs to get moved on. I would insta sack him for what he let happen. I really don't understand how he could keep his job either way. An absolute bluffer.
Victor Orta wears his heart on his sleeve and I don't doubt his passion for Leeds United but that does not mean he gets a free pass regarding the very important job he has at the club. Personally, I wouldn't trust him with a grocery shopping list for fruit and veg at a supermarket! :lol: However, beside him are Andrea Radrizanni and Angus Kinnear. More AR than AK but those two can't be entirely blameless.
For me, I will be forever grateful that the Trio got us out of the Championship and into the Promised Land. Sadly, after a brilliant first season they seem to get complacent or took their eye off the ball and failed to make the right decisions quickly enough and sadly now we are staring down both barrels :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

blackbox2342 wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:Sickening. We are basically gone now. I can't see us beating anybody atm. Disgraceful out of palace though.
I don't trust Newcastle to do anything away from home. Us having to better Burnleys result away.... I just know we are gone.
Farcical season and the damage was done upstairs.
We are down now. It's over. Anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves.
If we are sticking to reality, it's the opposite.
There is still everything in play. There are nine possible outcomes on sunday, 3 of those will see us survive (we win - Burnley draw, we win - Burnley lose - we draw, Burnley lose)
So it's actually the ones that says it's over already that are kidding themselves. It's a classic defence mechanism to try to avoid being that disappointed when(/if) it actually happens.

Yes, we are likely going down - but it's far from over. And to say something else is not stupid or anything, it's just wrong.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Polkadot wrote:
blackbox2342 wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:Sickening. We are basically gone now. I can't see us beating anybody atm. Disgraceful out of palace though.
I don't trust Newcastle to do anything away from home. Us having to better Burnleys result away.... I just know we are gone.
Farcical season and the damage was done upstairs.
We are down now. It's over. Anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves.
If we are sticking to reality, it's the opposite.
There is still everything in play. There are nine possible outcomes on sunday, 3 of those will see us survive (we win - Burnley draw, we win - Burnley lose - we draw, Burnley lose)
So it's actually the ones that says it's over already that are kidding themselves. It's a classic defence mechanism to try to avoid being that disappointed when(/if) it actually happens.

Yes, we are likely going down - but it's far from over. And to say something else is not stupid or anything, it's just wrong.
You are correct of course.

I'm not expecting anything positive to happen for us but it is not over and I don't see anyone on here kidding themselves about it :thumbup:
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

Scott wrote:
Not for me. Garbage teams playing horrendous, negative football, games every midweek (or so it feels), getting done by long balls and teams camped in their own box. No thanks.

Also, I think it’s naive to think we’d bounce straight back. The odd team manages it, but plenty get dragged into the boggy mess that is that league and end up with an extended stay under their belt. And I don’t necessarily think we’re stronger than a good few teams in that league when you consider the players we’ll lose as part of going down. We’d struggle without some strong, wise investment. And that alone is a tall order for this board.
I beg to differ. The Championship has been improved a lot, this clichés about long balls and negative football is getting old. Also I don't know what is exciting in seeing Liverpool playing badly but somehow winning all their games in the end. And still able to score 4-5 goals against teams like us.

Also, thanks to the institute of parachute money (which is very unfair to be fair) most of the relegated teams can bounce back in a year or two. This season Fulham and Bournemouth, and just a penalty kick prevented Sheffield Utd to follow them. Our team has a good core, some players with routine their like Cooper and Forshaw, and a lot of youngsters. Just for a chunk of the money we could easily get 3 or 4 outstanding players on that level.
The only thing I agree with you is that this board has already proven, unfortunately, that it cannot be trusted.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Yes... we have Orta in charge of a massive rebuild. I hope hope 49ers ask for Orta to be gutted either way because he cannot be in charge of a rebuild

in other news :

"The best case scenario is that both them and us stay up.

“Of course, we want to win. If that costs them a spot in the Premier League, of course it's going to be a sad day.

“It’s a hard one of course! Hopefully it's going to be a good fairytale."

- Pontus Jansson

I just know the way things are going he will put the pillow over our mouths and say " See!, the world is cruel and not fair, act accordingly"