2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Leonickroberts wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:I'm remembering some of the dreadful Close Seasons / Summer Transfer Windows past and thinking that this time it feels like we are in something of a transitional period but also there is an opportunity to build on the foundations already laid albeit that that has to include for two star players heading for the exit. I feel an air or positivity after the close shave we had last season. On the basis of that I am feeling that my glass is half full and it could be that before the Transfer Window closes there might be a top up coming :D
I'm with you Phoenix. Once I'd accepted that both Kalvin and Raph were off, it became about who we'd bring in. My only worries are that Barca's pursuit of Raph will drag on and prevent us getting players in, and that I'm hoping for de Ketelaere, Gakpo and Camara but we'll end up with Adams and a sub par winger.
Does feel like an end of something - the beginning of the dismantling of the promotion winning team. I'd really like at least two of the youngsters coming into the First Team squad reckoning as well
Keep The Faith / WAL
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:I’m assuming Helder Costa is back at the club after his loan to Valencia. If he ends up getting sold I’d imagine we would only get a fraction of the £15m we paid for him. Not one of Ortas best deals.
Yeh the obligation to buy after the loan was crazy, option yes but obligation should not gave been in place. We all knew after the loan he wasn't quite to the standard required for the prem though he did play his part in promotion.
That is right he played his part more than most (43 of our 46 games) in the season that we got promoted so not a total waste of money, as at that stage we couldn't attract the Raphinas of this world. Yes not really Prem level but he did appear in about half our games in our first season when we finished 9th.
We've moved on now and are looking at better players but he played his part even if wasn't a starring role.
Our best win of the Prem season with 10men at Man City we remember for the two Dallas goals but he played his part in both, he played the ball to the two players Bamford & Alioski who in turn got the assists.

Agree the obligation to buy doesn't look a great deal but suspect that was all that was on offer and knowing after the loan isn't a lot of use.
Its not about getting £15mill back if that money partly helped us get promoted it is not a waste.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Andrea Belotti available on a free. Imagine that for a statement signing. I can but dream.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Phil Hay saying we are potentially taking Adams on loan with an option.
Also reported elsewhere there is a loan deal coming for Adams and we will get Camara too which would be a welcome surprise. Hard to know on the second part but will be confirmed today at 6 whether Camara is going to Brighton or Leeds.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

corkleedsmot wrote:Phil Hay saying we are potentially taking Adams on loan with an option.
Also reported elsewhere there is a loan deal coming for Adams and we will get Camara too which would be a welcome surprise. Hard to know on the second part but will be confirmed today at 6 whether Camara is going to Brighton or Leeds.
At 6? Source?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Davycc wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:Phil Hay saying we are potentially taking Adams on loan with an option.
At 6? Source?
The guy who breaks all the Salzburg stuff Mitchell said he had it last night but wouldn't release it til 6 today. Was prob told he couldn't til then. He is also 100% on alot of African player deals. It tracks nicely with Medical for Kalv but Brighton supposedly set Camara a deadline today as well. I don't trust the other reports really but if he says Brighton or Leeds I will believe that over anything else. All we know right now is the Loan deal is a very legit possibility.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Loan Adams with an option seems sensible as then if he isn't up to scratch we send him back, nothing lost, if he is, great we buy him with a year PL experience. Winner winner. If we get Camara too then I'm happy with our midfield. Onto the forward positions
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

HalifaxWhite wrote:Loan Adams with an option seems sensible as then if he isn't up to scratch we send him back, nothing lost, if he is, great we buy him with a year PL experience. Winner winner. If we get Camara too then I'm happy with our midfield. Onto the forward positions
He's played plenty of games in the Bundesliga so should be able to adapt to the Prem.
My concern is signing both Camara & Adams we would have a lot of defensive minded midfielders that don't have great goal scoring records. I'm including Forshaw in the count as in my opinion was one of our better performers last season.

Saying that I think JM will play two DMs so if that is the case would make sense.
Suspect it's going to be 4-2-2-2 with little width or a slightly more negative 4-2-3-1.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

The Fonz wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:Loan Adams with an option seems sensible as then if he isn't up to scratch we send him back, nothing lost, if he is, great we buy him with a year PL experience. Winner winner. If we get Camara too then I'm happy with our midfield. Onto the forward positions
He's played plenty of games in the Bundesliga so should be able to adapt to the Prem.
My concern is signing both Camara & Adams we would have a lot of defensive minded midfielders that don't have great goal scoring records. I'm including Forshaw in the count as in my opinion was one of our better performers last season.

Saying that I think JM will play two DMs so if that is the case would make sense.
Suspect it's going to be 4-2-2-2 with little width or a slightly more negative 4-2-3-1.
Good point, Fonz. Just to add to this, where is our number 8? Buy a box to box midfielder please, it's been bloody years!!

Slightly off topic, 4-2-2-2 doesn't work anywhere in the world (as I know it). Really hope we don't try and play this way
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

Let's hope this is true...

Mohamed Camara is going to be a Leeds player! ⚪ Full Agreement with Momo since a week and now with Salzburg after very difficult negotations. #BHAFC was 2th contender and really close. Deal worth £30m with add ons (25+5). Medicals supposedly on Monday/Tuesday. Let's Go. #LUFC https://t.co/TCk3HEwLQA
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’