2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by The Fonz »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
NIK MOT wrote:Leeds are set to sign Tyler Adams from RB Leipzig, done deal and here we go! Deal completed for £20m fee [add ons included]. It’s 100% agreed, Jesse Marsch wanted him.

Adams will travel to England soon to undergo medical tests and sign long term deal with Leeds.

Source F. Romano!
Hmm this a big fee for a midfielder with 1 goal and 4 assists in 4 years at one of the best teams in the league. Hopefully those stats shared previously prove true about the other stuff he brings to the table. Still a big fee though for an unproven player.

Just had a look, most of his appearances are from the bench. So we're paying 20mil for a player who is a squad player for a decent side in a poor league. Madness.

10 mil I'd be okay with

Does this mean Camara is not happening?
Can see your point but describing the German Bundesliga as a poor league is a bit far fetched.
It is, take Bayern out and Dortmund win it every year. Aside from them two no other has a chance of winning. Then go below top 3 and the teams are bottom half PL level. Go below halfway and they're PL relegation material

Try this, pick a position and compare the teams.

6th for example
PL Man U
Bundesliga SC Freiburg
But you are comparing it with arguably Europe's top league not poor leagues.
It's very much comparable with Europe's big leagues.

If a Poor League is decided on the fact only two teams have a chance look no further than the Premier.
Most leagues are very much the same.

Bundesliga are in the big 5 leagues simple as that.
You're missing my point. I'm using it to reference the fee paid. That fee for a player from a bench player in a top 6 PL side would be fine. But from any other league 20mil for a bench player other than the top team if each league, is overpriced.

Yes the PL has now an established 2 best teams but firstly other teams still very much challenge that, second, the quality does not drop of a cliff after the top 2 or 3.
No not missing your point its you that clearly called the Bundesliga a poor league which I disputed aa it clearly is among Europe's better leagues based on many things.
European results and number if international players to name two.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

NottinghamWhite wrote:So we await what the future holds for

Ian Poveda
Tyler Roberts
Helder Costa
Leif Davis
Cody Drameh
Jamie Shackleton
KiKo Casilla
Thoughts ?
Some of these definitely must be moved on to make space for new blood. As for the rest of them I would not be at all disappointed if they found somewhere else to ply their trade. A case of natural progression I think
Keep The Faith / WAL
NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by NIK MOT »

The Fonz wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
NIK MOT wrote:Leeds are set to sign Tyler Adams from RB Leipzig, done deal and here we go! Deal completed for £20m fee [add ons included]. It’s 100% agreed, Jesse Marsch wanted him.

Adams will travel to England soon to undergo medical tests and sign long term deal with Leeds.

Source F. Romano!
Hmm this a big fee for a midfielder with 1 goal and 4 assists in 4 years at one of the best teams in the league. Hopefully those stats shared previously prove true about the other stuff he brings to the table. Still a big fee though for an unproven player.

Just had a look, most of his appearances are from the bench. So we're paying 20mil for a player who is a squad player for a decent side in a poor league. Madness.

10 mil I'd be okay with

Does this mean Camara is not happening?
Can see your point but describing the German Bundesliga as a poor league is a bit far fetched.
It is, take Bayern out and Dortmund win it every year. Aside from them two no other has a chance of winning. Then go below top 3 and the teams are bottom half PL level. Go below halfway and they're PL relegation material

Try this, pick a position and compare the teams.

6th for example
PL Man U
Bundesliga SC Freiburg
But you are comparing it with arguably Europe's top league not poor leagues.
It's very much comparable with Europe's big leagues.

If a Poor League is decided on the fact only two teams have a chance look no further than the Premier.
Most leagues are very much the same.

Bundesliga are in the big 5 leagues simple as that.
You're missing my point. I'm using it to reference the fee paid. That fee for a player from a bench player in a top 6 PL side would be fine. But from any other league 20mil for a bench player other than the top team if each league, is overpriced.

Yes the PL has now an established 2 best teams but firstly other teams still very much challenge that, second, the quality does not drop of a cliff after the top 2 or 3.
No not missing your point its you that clearly called the Bundesliga a poor league which I disputed aa it clearly is among Europe's better leagues based on many things.
European results and number if international players to name two.
I wish I never posted that post about Adams :eh:
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

:lol: it's all good mate, just some people sound more aggressive in their typing then they actually mean to be, that's what I'm assuming here anyway.

Slight miswording on my front, Bundesliga is a worse league than the one we want to be competitive in.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

NIK MOT wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:Romano saying we aren't looking to sign Camara now. I also don't believe this was always the plan. Something changed.and spending 20 in sterling on Adams is the most disappointing news of the window if true. Was reported for about 13 yesterday which I thought was abiut right tbh. The loan stuff made sense too.

This is a pay 5 mill euros more maybe and get the far far better player but shoot yourself in the foot instead decision. I feel this is Marsch and I feel its emotional. We are getting our 2nd and 3rd best options on our lists all of a sudden.this is a player we will never be able to sell for this much in the future similar to James. No player this basic on the ball is worth 20. I will back him and hope he does well but we are paying 20 million here to degenerat when we didnt have to because a dude is American.
Well, according to Austrian newspaper Salzburger Nachrichten Leeds is getting closer in signing Camara: http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-n ... lion-deal/
I saw Graham Smyth saying there is a weird amount of noise around Camara for it not to be true earlier but he was just hearing about Adams and I just got the hibees about the deal going through. I still hope we do and it is surprising that Mitchell still thinks it is happening even now. But no way we are spending 45-50 on these two? Before this I would have had far more trust in him than even Phil hay involving a Salzburg player deal especially involving a Malian. Hay and Smyth get very little these days from the club and Phil has said so. It sounds like the price and the contract was agreed and we went another way possibly?

Anyway look If we get CDK which I have always doubted I will say we have done well enough but the fact we are moving towards all the cheaper options suggest we maybe are going to be annoyed when Raph is sold too :lolno:

I was looking forward to eating my hat and saying well done Orta but here we are again. Long way to go in the window so I will try to remain optimistic. Sinisterra is a very good player getting him instead of Gakpo isn't even really disappointing in my eyes but the money freed up surely would have let us spend a bit extra here. Probably close enough to net 0 transfer spend incoming though :D and over promised to as usual and delivering the bare minimum.
"You will have the team you deserve next season" will be the new "Bate is the midfielder" :crazy: :D

Good visuals and info here I saw today
https://twitter.com/FootyAnalyKris/stat ... 0470732801

Also kinda shows how comparable Adams and Camara are in defensive work and physically but how severe the drop off technically is. Also shows CDK as the beast he appears to be and player we have to get :thumbup: :D
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

HalifaxWhite wrote::lol: it's all good mate, just some people sound more aggressive in their typing then they actually mean to be, that's what I'm assuming here anyway.

Slight miswording on my front, Bundesliga is a worse league than the one we want to be competitive in.
That is well out of order, accusing someone of been aggressive just because they question/disagree with what you said.

I'll leave it there.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

The Fonz wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote::lol: it's all good mate, just some people sound more aggressive in their typing then they actually mean to be, that's what I'm assuming here anyway.

That is well out of order, accusing someone of been aggressive just because they question/disagree with what you said.

I'll leave it there.
I didn't accuse him of being aggressive, I clearly said I'm reading it as just being the way typing can be read. That is literally what I said.

I even admitted to my own mistake in my initial comments so I do not see at all what you are referring to as out of order.

Literally no offence intended in anything I wrote
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... 0592503809
Milan have bid for CDK. Didn't act fast enough and prob missed any chance we had here. Milan opening bid is 20mill euros rejected.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

corkleedsmot wrote:https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... 0592503809
Milan have bid for CDK. Didn't act fast enough and prob missed any chance we had here. Milan opening bid is 20mill euros rejected.
He was a pipe dream anyway, too high a profile, we were always going to have to fight off a champions league club to land him and that is a very tall order. We'd win a bidding war with Milan, so I am sure we can get the go ahead from Club Brugge but then it's down to what CDK wants and the lure of Champions League football seems to be very powerful. Got to hope his girlfriend hates Italy or something!
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... 0592503809
He was a pipe dream anyway, too high a profile, we were always going to have to fight off a champions league club to land him and that is a very tall order. We'd win a bidding war with Milan, so I am sure we can get the go ahead from Club Brugge but then it's down to what CDK wants and the lure of Champions League football seems to be very powerful. Got to hope his girlfriend hates Italy or something!
I never expected it either. If we go cheap on a forward and we spend 110 or there abouts I will just take it that we are slowly watching Radz exit strategy. He has earned it. Fair play but as a fan it is frustrating to watch