2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Metro1962 wrote:Jesse Lingard is resigned to leaving this summer so a possible back up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61320043
Possible back up for who?

Bob the terrace sweeper :roll: can the club cope with 2 Jessie’s ?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
Metro1962 wrote:Jesse Lingard is resigned to leaving this summer so a possible back up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61320043
Possible back up for who?

Bob the terrace sweeper :roll: can the club cope with 2 Jessie’s ?
:D

I was being serious, I didn't understand the comment :angel:

ps having swept ER terraces, I think you underestimate how hard a job it is.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

whitedancer wrote:Poveda and costa another 2 wingers , to go along with Harrison, James,raphinha, Summerville.what was bielsa,s fascination with signing wingers and centre half’s think we got 6 of them as well. Yet never replaced Hernandez or saiz. And no cover for bamford, who he knew was out for a long time. That’s why we’re 4th from bottom.
Costa was signed to help the team out of the Championship, he played around 40 games in our promotion season (he also helped Wolves to promotion).
He struggled at Prem level so we got Raphina and he became 3rd choice.
Harrison a loan gamble that came good been our 2nd choice and he justified the little we paid for him.
We couldn't sell Costa so loaned him with James been a his replacement in the first team squad.
You've included Poveda & Summerville but they were kids and gambles hoping they come good like many youngsters we sign.
Hence if you are going to include them to justify your theory you have to say we have signed plenty of strikers, Gelhardt, Geenwood & Joseph were all signed as young gambles.

To me I like it we look at talented youngsters and if every other one eventually makes the first team on a regular basis we are doing well.
However realism tells me that we don't initially sign them as first teamers, a gamble which may eventually pay dividends.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Leeds United and Brazil winger Raphinha, 25, has given Barcelona his word that he will agree a move to the Nou Camp if Jesse Marsch's side are relegated. (Todo Fichajes)

Liverpool are hoping to beat Leeds United to the £4m signing of Aberdeen's 19-year-old Scotland defender Calvin Ramsay
Winner of the Europa League
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Not sure how many of our players have a relegation clause in their contract but believe Raph is one, possibly the only one.
I'm sure if the worst happens the wage bill will be a big factor in who the club tries to sell. At same time think they would target an immediate return so wouldn't necessarily decimate the squad.
Of course some of those on big wages may find them hard to match so opt to see their contract out.

Big if though still a decent chance of staying up, all to play for, it's going to the wire in my opinion.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I keep reading especially on social media that Radz hasn’t spent any cash on the team.

Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussion

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Leeds United and Brazil winger Raphinha, 25, has given Barcelona his word that he will agree a move to the Nou Camp if Jesse Marsch's side are relegated. (Todo Fichajes)
Relegation or not he’s on his way this summer just needs to finish the season like we know he can and get the transfer fee up.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussion

Post by Selby White »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Leeds United and Brazil winger Raphinha, 25, has given Barcelona his word that he will agree a move to the Nou Camp if Jesse Marsch's side are relegated. (Todo Fichajes)
Relegation or not he’s on his way this summer just needs to finish the season like we know he can and get the transfer fee up.
Think we get less if relegated, suspect the price he can leave for will be in the relegation clause.
Hope I'm wrong but that is normal in such cases.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I keep reading especially on social media that Radz hasn’t spent any cash on the team.

Think this probably reflects worse on Orta than Radrizanni then.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Blanc de blanc
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Blanc de blanc »

So, Barcelona vying for Champions League or Leeds, staying up but languishing in the bottom six. Raphinia’s going to want to go anyway so it’s in his interest to see us relegated surely? Is it wise to play him? He’s not been great recently.