2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by The Fonz »

Wigan White wrote:Six year contract for Kalvin.
Be interesting to revisit this in 6 years time and see who plays most games, Kalvin for Man City or Gyabi for Leeds.
6 years is a long time.
NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by NIK MOT »

Fresh news regarding Sinisterra at https://www.footballfancast.com/leeds-u ... ier-league.

Seems good buy, impressive stats.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

The Fonz wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
NIK MOT wrote:Leeds are set to sign Tyler Adams from RB Leipzig, done deal and here we go! Deal completed for £20m fee [add ons included]. It’s 100% agreed, Jesse Marsch wanted him.

Adams will travel to England soon to undergo medical tests and sign long term deal with Leeds.

Source F. Romano!
Hmm this a big fee for a midfielder with 1 goal and 4 assists in 4 years at one of the best teams in the league. Hopefully those stats shared previously prove true about the other stuff he brings to the table. Still a big fee though for an unproven player.

Just had a look, most of his appearances are from the bench. So we're paying 20mil for a player who is a squad player for a decent side in a poor league. Madness.

10 mil I'd be okay with

Does this mean Camara is not happening?
Can see your point but describing the German Bundesliga as a poor league is a bit far fetched.
It is, take Bayern out and Dortmund win it every year. Aside from them two no other has a chance of winning. Then go below top 3 and the teams are bottom half PL level. Go below halfway and they're PL relegation material

Try this, pick a position and compare the teams.

6th for example
PL Man U
Bundesliga SC Freiburg
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

NIK MOT wrote:Fresh news regarding Sinisterra at https://www.footballfancast.com/leeds-u ... ier-league.

Seems good buy, impressive stats.
Hadn't heard of him until now. Having read that article he sounds like he could be the perfect replacement for Rapha. They get this right and we should be on for a much better season.
The Fonz

Post by The Fonz »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
NIK MOT wrote:Leeds are set to sign Tyler Adams from RB Leipzig, done deal and here we go! Deal completed for £20m fee [add ons included]. It’s 100% agreed, Jesse Marsch wanted him.

Adams will travel to England soon to undergo medical tests and sign long term deal with Leeds.

Source F. Romano!
Hmm this a big fee for a midfielder with 1 goal and 4 assists in 4 years at one of the best teams in the league. Hopefully those stats shared previously prove true about the other stuff he brings to the table. Still a big fee though for an unproven player.

Just had a look, most of his appearances are from the bench. So we're paying 20mil for a player who is a squad player for a decent side in a poor league. Madness.

10 mil I'd be okay with

Can see your point but describing the German Bundesliga as a poor league is a bit far fetched.
It is, take Bayern out and Dortmund win it every year. Aside from them two no other has a chance of winning. Then go below top 3 and the teams are bottom half PL level. Go below halfway and they're PL relegation material

6th for example
PL Man U
Bundesliga SC Freiburg
But you are comparing it with arguably Europe's top league not poor leagues.
It's very much comparable with Europe's big leagues.

If a Poor League is decided on the fact only two teams have a chance look no further than the Premier.
Most leagues are very much the same.

Bundesliga are in the big 5 leagues simple as that.
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

The Fonz wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:

Source F. Romano!

10 mil I'd be okay with

6th for example
PL Man U
Bundesliga SC Freiburg
But you are comparing it with arguably Europe's top league not poor leagues.
It's very much comparable with Europe's big leagues.

If a Poor League is decided on the fact only two teams have a chance look no further than the Premier.
Most leagues are very much the same.

Bundesliga are in the big 5 leagues simple as that.
You're missing my point. I'm using it to reference the fee paid. That fee for a player from a bench player in a top 6 PL side would be fine. But from any other league 20mil for a bench player other than the top team if each league, is overpriced.

Yes the PL has now an established 2 best teams but firstly other teams still very much challenge that, second, the quality does not drop of a cliff after the top 2 or 3.
Polkadot

Post by Polkadot »

Putting different leagues up against each other is a hard task and if you want you can easily find different ways to “prove” one league is better than the other.
Take Eintracht Frankfurt for example. To win the Europa League they knocked out Real Betis (5th La Liga) and Barcelona (2nd La Liga) and in the semi final they knocked out West Ham (7th in PL). If the team finishing 11th in Bundesliga can win Europa League and knock out these team you could make it look like Bundesliga has to be the best league :)
In the end, the differences between PL, La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A are not big. Trying to describe Bundesliga as “a poor league” shows either poor wording or poor knowledge of football out of England.

————

Regarding Adams I’m not sure if it’s correct to call him a “bench player”. Correctly he did start only 12 league games this season, 3 Champions League games and 2 Europa League games, but he did struggle with several small injuries that kept him out of the match squad in several shorter periods and most of the games where he was benched came after these injury issues where he probably wasn’t match fit.
Last season he had less injury problems and then he was a regular starter and got a lot more game time. I would be a lot more worried about the several small injury problems he had than that “he is a bench player”.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Romano saying we aren't looking to sign Camara now. I also don't believe this was always the plan. Something changed.and spending 20 in sterling on Adams is the most disappointing news of the window if true. Was reported for about 13 yesterday which I thought was abiut right tbh. The loan stuff made sense too.

This is a pay 5 mill euros more maybe and get the far far better player but shoot yourself in the foot instead decision. I feel this is Marsch and I feel its emotional. We are getting our 2nd and 3rd best options on our lists all of a sudden.this is a player we will never be able to sell for this much in the future similar to James. No player this basic on the ball is worth 20. I will back him and hope he does well but we are paying 20 million here to degenerat when we didnt have to because a dude is American.
NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by NIK MOT »

corkleedsmot wrote:Romano saying we aren't looking to sign Camara now. I also don't believe this was always the plan. Something changed.and spending 20 in sterling on Adams is the most disappointing news of the window if true. Was reported for about 13 yesterday which I thought was abiut right tbh. The loan stuff made sense too.

This is a pay 5 mill euros more maybe and get the far far better player but shoot yourself in the foot instead decision. I feel this is Marsch and I feel its emotional. We are getting our 2nd and 3rd best options on our lists all of a sudden.this is a player we will never be able to sell for this much in the future similar to James. No player this basic on the ball is worth 20. I will back him and hope he does well but we are paying 20 million here to degenerat when we didnt have to because a dude is American.
Well, according to Austrian newspaper Salzburger Nachrichten Leeds is getting closer in signing Camara: http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-n ... lion-deal/
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

NIK MOT wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:Romano saying we aren't looking to sign Camara now. I also don't believe this was always the plan. Something changed.and spending 20 in sterling on Adams is the most disappointing news of the window if true. Was reported for about 13 yesterday which I thought was abiut right tbh. The loan stuff made sense too.

Well, according to Austrian newspaper Salzburger Nachrichten Leeds is getting closer in signing Camara: http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-n ... lion-deal/
I hope that's true, I think Camara is the more exciting prospect of the two but nothing is a given.

I will support whoever comes through but heart and head say Camara is the better of the two.