2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
selbydave
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by selbydave »

if we sell raphina to chelsea for £55m + 10m in add ons that might be a better deal than barcelona offering £40m and then just hoping the player demands the move
if barcelona sort their money situation out then they could try that trick with chelsea next season
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

selbydave wrote:if we sell raphina to chelsea for £55m + 10m in add ons that might be a better deal than barcelona offering £40m and then just hoping the player demands the move
if barcelona sort their money situation out then they could try that trick with chelsea next season
Agreed because the issue with Barca now is, even if they offered 60mil it would be in installments. This Chelsea deal is mostly cash up front. Poor that we're selling to them but makes sense financially. Also they are way ahead of us for the next 5 years at least. By the time we're trying to challenge for top4 with them Raph will be past his best anyway or gone. I would hate it more if we sold good players to the likes of Palace and Soton who were currently trying to jump ahead of.
CanuckMightyWhite

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
selbydave wrote:if we sell raphina to chelsea for £55m + 10m in add ons that might be a better deal than barcelona offering £40m and then just hoping the player demands the move
Agreed because the issue with Barca now is, even if they offered 60mil it would be in installments. This Chelsea deal is mostly cash up front. Poor that we're selling to them but makes sense financially. Also they are way ahead of us for the next 5 years at least. By the time we're trying to challenge for top4 with them Raph will be past his best anyway or gone. I would hate it more if we sold good players to the likes of Palace and Soton who were currently trying to jump ahead of.
This is a very important point. While it feels quite bad we are losing key players for presumably below optimum value, we are in a higher food chain. As long as we are only losing them to Champions League teams and then finding gems and beating other teams to signing them we will slowly put the likes of Southampton behind.
I like the sound of the players we’ve brought in and have been linked in, as long as we land the top 1 or 2 on our lists at each position we will achieve this.
The other important part of our progress has to be increased commercial revenue and would like to hear soon on what is happening on the 49ers takeover front and the plans from the board.
I’m positive and optimistic for the future, glad to leave the past 2 decades behind!
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

DominanceUK wrote:So far we have brought in 3 players, 2 will definitely leave in KP and Rapha. We still need at the bare minimum, 4 players to come in who can target a first team position.
None of the brought in ones have set the world alight but those who we have sold have.

According to here (4 hours ago I might add)

"As yet, there has been no formal offer made to Leeds, who survived the threat of Premier League relegation on the last day of last season"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61979718
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

This morning odds of Raphina were 1/20 going to Chelsea, now drifted to 8/15.
Oddschecker been the source.

Still odds on but that is a big drift in less than a day, could still be a twist.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Speculation is rife that Barca are back and seriously trying to hijack Chelsea deal and they have magically found money. Gerard Romero said it not long ago. Supposedly they have sold 10% of their TV rights for 200 million or something. Also Depay is going crazy online saying he is being disrespected too and there is speculation they are trying to swap Depay which can't be real surely. Also trying to push Dembele to Chelsea instead. What a bloody saga. Either way I hope Raph is out the door in the next day or so. Honestly Deco should never be dealt with again by Leeds. Absolute mess of an agent and Barca are a mess of a club these days.
mshnd06

Post by mshnd06 »

Metro1962 wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:So far we have brought in 3 players, 2 will definitely leave in KP and Rapha. We still need at the bare minimum, 4 players to come in who can target a first team position.
None of the brought in ones have set the world alight but those who we have sold have.

According to here (4 hours ago I might add)

"As yet, there has been no formal offer made to Leeds, who survived the threat of Premier League relegation on the last day of last season"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61979718
Raphinha hadn't set the world alight prior to his arrival either. If we want to employ the Leicester model, which seems appropriate given our current status, we're going to have to rely on scouting. We aren't in a position to purchase guaranteed world beaters, nor can we offer the likes of Raphinha the opportunities they desire, particularly in a world cup year. I had hoped that Kal would stay given Leeds is his home but Raphinha hasn't been here long, no longer plays for Bielsa, and doesn't have the same ties to the city/club that Kal does. In the end, given the stakes for the individual players, I don't think it was realistic for us to keep either. I think, as others have said, it would be poor for recruitment of the kind of talent we desire if we stand in the way of movement to CL clubs. Instead of focusing on retaining the likes of Kal and Raph, I believe we should be focusing on improving our identification and acquisition of talent such as 2020 Raphinha.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

corkleedsmot wrote:Speculation is rife that Barca are back and seriously trying to hijack Chelsea deal and they have magically found money. Gerard Romero said it not long ago. Supposedly they have sold 10% of their TV rights for 200 million or something. Also Depay is going crazy online saying he is being disrespected too and there is speculation they are trying to swap Depay which can't be real surely. Also trying to push Dembele to Chelsea instead. What a bloody saga. Either way I hope Raph is out the door in the next day or so. Honestly Deco should never be dealt with again by Leeds. Absolute mess of an agent and Barca are a mess of a club these days.
Looks like De Jong is going to Man Utd so that is where the money is from, not magic.

Chelsea odds still drifting now 2/3, Barca shortened to 9/4.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

McCarron off to Stoke.
Literally Firpo is our only LB left.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

superfox wrote:McCarron off to Stoke.
Literally Firpo is our only LB left.