2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Another Northern Soul »

corkleedsmot wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Watching Kalvin after the game today, have to say he looked very emotional as he came round to applaud the fans. Looked like a bit of a goodbye to me.
Daughter was at the game and said exactly that. Waxnt he with his mum.
He was with all the players at first, and then dropped off to the back so he was on his own as he walked round applauding us. His mum was near the tunnel when he went over to her.

Raphinha was sat next to the goalpost on his own at the South Stand end, he and Kalvin shared a moment or two.

DLW disagreed with me, but it definitely looked like a goodbye from the pair of them.
We need a squad refresh anyway. I don't think Kalvin is worth what we could get for him in the summer and Raph would fetch big money,
Sell both and you could potentially have 4-5 similar quality players from France or Germany. We need a rebuild, the horror of it is it will be down to Orta. Does anyone really have faith in this guy? Radz can surely see how much money has been wasted on senior players. We spent 70 million pounds on Rodrigo, Dan James and Firpo. We will have big money to spend in the summer. potentially well over 100 million... I shudder to think what he will do with it.
Why will we have potentially £100 m plus to spend?
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

If we sell Raphinha you would think we will have a lot of money to spend (if we stay up)
If we don't we need this board gone in the summer in all honesty. We posted a profit last year. We are taking in 200 mill a year with a small wage budget.
We spent 100 mill the first season. and 50 odd second season. 75 on average with our revenues climbing and set to climb even further... I don't see how it is a stretch, it is logical.

If we become a selling club and just spend the Raphinha money and a little bit extra you would have to question where the money is going right if we are posting a profit without selling players.

We will see I suppose. I do think there will be plenty of money to spend in the summer

Whatever is gonna be there to spend, I wouldn't trust Orta with his own communion money is my intended formative point :lol:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

corkleedsmot wrote:If we sell Raphinha you would think we will have a lot of money to spend (if we stay up)
If we don't we need this board gone in the summer in all honesty. We posted a profit last year. We are taking in 200 mill a year with a small wage budget.
We spent 100 mill the first season. and 50 odd second season. 75 on average with our revenues climbing and set to climb even further... I don't see how it is a stretch, it is logical.

If we become a selling club and just spend the Raphinha money and a little bit extra you would have to question where the money is going right if we are posting a profit without selling players.

We will see I suppose. I do think there will be plenty of money to spend in the summer

Whatever is gonna be there to spend, I wouldn't trust Orta with his own communion money is my intended formative point :lol:
I'm not interrogating you, honest, but what's the £200m a year revenue? Is that turnover? Radrizzani is I believe actively trying to sell his share of the club but asking too much money for it. The SF 49ers are not definitely taking over this summer, I think there have been some ambiguous statements from reliable media sources and people have arrived at the wrong conclusion.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:If we sell Raphinha you would think we will have a lot of money to spend (if we stay up)

I'm not interrogating you, honest, but what's the £200m a year revenue? Is that turnover? Radrizzani is I believe actively trying to sell his share of the club but asking too much money for it. The SF 49ers are not definitely taking over this summer, I think there have been some ambiguous statements from reliable media sources and people have arrived at the wrong conclusion.

Will be close to 200 rev in the books this time next year. We have higher revenue than A lot of champions league clubs and are just in around top 20 in the world already.
I do hope the 49ers don't make daft cultural decisions if they do takeover like ruining Elland road's atmosphere for the sake of corp seats. Unfortunately a man like Radz doesn't have the funds behind him. He needs to go ASAP and be commended for great work or get backed while owning a smaller share and still running day to day operations. I do think he gets the club culturally in many ways. I personally doubt they will take over in the summer because the level investment that is clearly needed. They can wait a year and split the cost with Radz and still buy for 400 next year.. so why would they?
It may lead to a very frustrating situation for fans. (like the January transfer window)
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

corkleedsmot wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:

Will be close to 200 rev in the books this time next year. We have higher revenue than A lot of champions league clubs and are just in around top 20 in the world already.
I do hope the 49ers don't make daft cultural decisions if they do takeover like ruining Elland road's atmosphere for the sake of corp seats. Unfortunately a man like Radz doesn't have the funds behind him. He needs to go ASAP and be commended for great work or get backed while owning a smaller share and still running day to day operations. I do think he gets the club culturally in many ways. I personally doubt they will take over in the summer because the level investment that is clearly needed. They can wait a year and split the cost with Radz and still buy for 400 next year.. so why would they?
It may lead to a very frustrating situation for fans. (like the January transfer window)
Mate, where are you getting the £200m figures from? I've no problem with estimates etc but if these are actual stated figures, I'd like to know where from. The club is small-time compared to much of the EPL.
selbydave
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by selbydave »

https://www.consultancy.uk/news/30772/t ... st-revenue

leeds are 22nd on the list with £193 million and its easy to see the potential to go higher the longer we stay in the premier league with bigger tv deals, sponsorships and more ticket revenue
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

The clubs published books mate. and we are actually right there with the Villas and West Hams of the world already. We are far from small time now and I believe in the top half in EPL already which is outrageous in our first year back.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ed-3620159
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Right cheers for the info.

Until we make a regular Profit in the high millions, we are IMHO a small-time club. It isn't an insult or meant to offend anyone. Villa and West Ham less so, are on the up financially, and I worry that we are still not out of the woods financially speaking.
arfa
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by arfa »

Turnover of £190 odd million doesn't mean the club has that amount to spend on transfers. I think I read that the bonus for staying in the Prem is £40 or £50 million. Will be plenty of other costs. Need to invest in the stadium to increase income.

Victor Orta has spent a lot of money on some players that have not performed to the level expected. He has also spent almost nothing on some good players - Gelhardt, Struijk, Klich?, Alioski, Hernandez, Meslier.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

arfa wrote:Turnover of £190 odd million doesn't mean the club has that amount to spend on transfers. I think I read that the bonus for staying in the Prem is £40 or £50 million. Will be plenty of other costs. Need to invest in the stadium to increase income.

Victor Orta has spent a lot of money on some players that have not performed to the level expected. He has also spent almost nothing on some good players - Gelhardt, Struijk, Klich?, Alioski, Hernandez, Meslier.
Agree with this Arfa but looking at a number isn't the only issue when it comes to upgrading the big hit is the better the players we suddenly have a bigger wage bill.

We also still have lots of players on the books under contract that as we improve need moving on. To do that you have to find someone who can offer them a good deal or they would stay here surplus to requirement but still adding to our running costs.

Agree on the stadium, the infrastructure of the club is key to long term success.