2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Costy »

mapperleywhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:First things first, get a bid in for Charlie Taylor :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbup: My thought as well
I've thought this for a while. To he fair to Firpo, he's nowhere as bad as some make him out to be but Taylor would definitely be an improvement.

I'd also take Alioski back in a heartbeat.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Costy wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:
I've thought this for a while. To he fair to Firpo, he's nowhere as bad as some make him out to be but Taylor would definitely be an improvement.

I'd also take Alioski back in a heartbeat.
Charlie didn't do that well today but I do like the lad, always have done. Totally agree about Alioski as well, mate, a nutter at times but we 100% have missed his energy in the side.

I'd also look to sign Jack Clarke back, honestly.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Costy wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:
I've thought this for a while. To he fair to Firpo, he's nowhere as bad as some make him out to be but Taylor would definitely be an improvementt.
Agree, he’s not as bad as some make out, but we need proper strength in depth next season.

Firpo and Taylor would be very good choices at LB.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... 9988128768

Aaronson will be the first deal through the door.

I would take Taylor for sure but I really want Collins too. Lad is brilliant and is the top centre half in the world his age imo. Would be a steal. I would offload either Koch or Llorente if possible. and you would get Collins for 10-15. He may even have a relegation clause. We can't have this same defence next year. I wouldn;t actually keep any of them if it was possible :lolno:

I can't let what Orta did this season go and really think he should be shown the door after this window or actually immediately.
mshnd06
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by mshnd06 »

I really think you will love Aaronson. Passionate, will die for his squad, excellent leadership, creative, driven, never concedes a cause, elevates teammates, intelligent, will run forever, a joy to watch. Some of this is yank-bias. That said I'd take him over any other American save Gio Reyna in a heartbeat
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

I know we need to let the dust settle down - We need to sort out quickly the KP + Raph situation and build from there

I think we'll only have so much funds to play with so need to prioritise - Certain positions maybe not be ideal/strong enough, but neither are they crap, so for now we can stay as they are - CB for instance - Maybe Koch/Llorente are not ideal along with Cooper/Struijk, but with Hjelde and Cresswell coming through we can leave that area alone for now

RB - Sort out what is happening with Cody - Give him a chance for the start of the season - Then accept it will be a case that Ayling/Dallas to come back later - So potentially acceptable for now

LB - Firpo can go, or at best be a reserve option - this is a priority position to sort out

Assume Raph is going - But I would not be looking for any replacement for now - Summerville emerging, Harrison, James, Dallas to return and even Costa - So not priority

Midfield - Assume KP stays - Need at least 2 players - Better than Klich and Forshaw - To be fair KP + Forshaw have rarely played together so there is potential there- Yet we have not purchased a midfield player for 3/4 seasons - We need a Conor Callagher + a Pablo style player - Box to box - Attacking/flair and each get 5-8 goals a year - Again those 2 positions to be a priority

Up front - Maybe it is an obvious position we need to spend on - But with a fit PB, the option of Rodrigo, Gelhardt and Greenwood emerging we are not as week as it might appear to be - Assume Raph goes, then in my opinion a Ryan Kent style player would be an interesting option - Can play wide/central and get goals - So can play with the likes of PB and/or be an another option as required

To conclude - LB + 2 attacking midfield are priority over anything else - I'm not sure who they should be as many options out there - If KP goes then that instantly becomes a priority gap to fill
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

The thinking of protecting youth but not improving our squad is dangerous. I would be looking to send a few on loan and a few of the more senior players would get rid of.. lots of these players are championship players no matter how much we like them

We will def need to replace Rapha if he goes and I would look for another midfielder on the other side. Costa can leave. Harrison wont do well narrow. I might think about selling him or having him become more of a back up.

We need a striker to not just back Paddy up but foght him for his place. None of these players should feel their place is safe. Many i feel do atm.

I really will puke of we spend a bunch on Kent.

I agree LB and 2 mid is the priority plus one striker. we need to not just keep players fit but fresh.
Last edited by Barlow Boy on 22 May 2022, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate language
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

From the Athletic:
The club have agreed a fee for Aaronson from RB Salzburg, and have also been working on Aberdeen defender Calvin Ramsay and a Premier League centre-forward. They planned with the top flight in mind and, by virtue of a manic last day, they have snatched another year in that division.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

mshnd06 wrote:I really think you will love Aaronson. Passionate, will die for his squad, excellent leadership, creative, driven, never concedes a cause, elevates teammates, intelligent, will run forever, a joy to watch. Some of this is yank-bias. That said I'd take him over any other American save Gio Reyna in a heartbeat
I worry a little about the 28 mill being paid although I really rate him. At least this is unlike Rodrigo where we coild never recoup and Aaronsen will be around for 10 more years at least.

He can play at tempo and he is very hard working. Our next midfielder signing needs to be a bit more cultured and creative though.

If it was say 20 mill in euros it would just sound much better :lolno:

This is a large chunk of our budget
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

corkleedsmot wrote:
mshnd06 wrote:I really think you will love Aaronson. Passionate, will die for his squad, excellent leadership, creative, driven, never concedes a cause, elevates teammates, intelligent, will run forever, a joy to watch. Some of this is yank-bias. That said I'd take him over any other American save Gio Reyna in a heartbeat
I worry a little about the 28 mill being paid although I really rate him. At least this is unlike Rodrigo where we coild never recoup and Aaronsen will be around for 10 more years at least.

He can play at tempo and he is very hard working. Our next midfielder signing needs to be a bit more cultured and creative though.

If it was say 20 mill in euros it would just sound much better :lolno:

This is a large chunk of our budget
I think Aaronson is very creative. He can create action out of nothing with his pace and ball control and he seems also very good at finding space to play his teammates through. It's always hard when you haven't seen a player in Premier League, but the kid seems to have everything that is needed for this level. Then it's always a coin flip if it really works out or not, but we have to remember that is the case even when players cost more than 50m.

Aaronson can be used as a number 10 in a 4-2-3-1, a "fake winger" in 4-2-2-2, a number 8 in 4-3-3 and even as a second striker in 4-2-2-2 / 4-4-2. Marsch knows him. He is young and looks to be a nice young man. There is no guarantee a signing works out, but he has everything that is required to be a great player.

If I could chose: Aaronson in, Rodrigo out. I'd take that every day of the week.

Also, the reported 28m is 28m $. That's about 22,5m £ I think? Not too much.