2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Blanc de blanc wrote:So, Barcelona vying for Champions League or Leeds, staying up but languishing in the bottom six. Raphinia’s going to want to go anyway so it’s in his interest to see us relegated surely? Is it wise to play him? He’s not been great recently.
La Rambla market or Leeds Kirkgate market some decision to be made there ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Blanc de blanc wrote:So, Barcelona vying for Champions League or Leeds, staying up but languishing in the bottom six. Raphinia’s going to want to go anyway so it’s in his interest to see us relegated surely? Is it wise to play him? He’s not been great recently.
Bejeezus.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
La Rambla market or Leeds Kirkgate market some decision to be made there ;)
Well its either a city with a proud football history in a region where the people are passionate about where they live and would love independence. Also great bars and restaurants fantastic architecture, some of the best shopping in Europe and a vibrant water front district.
The other option been Barcelona. :problem:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

:shock: :wtf:
Keep The Faith / WAL
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

SiMamu wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:I keep reading especially on social media that Radz hasn’t spent any cash on the team.

Think this probably reflects worse on Orta than Radrizanni then.
This does reflect terribly on Orta. It is very obvious at this stage, he has wasted close to 100 million.
If we do go down Radz has to move on him or face the same again. He is not the genius football man as he portrays himself.
His senior purchases have been awful
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Watching Kalvin after the game today, have to say he looked very emotional as he came round to applaud the fans. Looked like a bit of a goodbye to me.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Watching Kalvin after the game today, have to say he looked very emotional as he came round to applaud the fans. Looked like a bit of a goodbye to me.
Daughter was at the game and said exactly that. Waxnt he with his mum.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Watching Kalvin after the game today, have to say he looked very emotional as he came round to applaud the fans. Looked like a bit of a goodbye to me.
He was with all the players at first, and then dropped off to the back so he was on his own as he walked round applauding us. His mum was near the tunnel when he went over to her.

Raphinha was sat next to the goalpost on his own at the South Stand end, he and Kalvin shared a moment or two.

DLW disagreed with me, but it definitely looked like a goodbye from the pair of them.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

I thought the same. I'd like to think he'll stay if we're in the Premier League but I guess Villa fans thought the same about Grealish when they were fighting for survival.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:
He was with all the players at first, and then dropped off to the back so he was on his own as he walked round applauding us. His mum was near the tunnel when he went over to her.

Raphinha was sat next to the goalpost on his own at the South Stand end, he and Kalvin shared a moment or two.

DLW disagreed with me, but it definitely looked like a goodbye from the pair of them.
We need a squad refresh anyway. I don't think Kalvin is worth what we could get for him in the summer and Raph would fetch big money,
Sell both and you could potentially have 4-5 similar quality players from France or Germany. We need a rebuild, the horror of it is it will be down to Orta. Does anyone really have faith in this guy? Radz can surely see how much money has been wasted on senior players. We spent 70 million pounds on Rodrigo, Dan James and Firpo. We will have big money to spend in the summer. potentially well over 100 million... I shudder to think what he will do with it.