2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by corkleedsmot »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Metro1962 wrote:Leeds stay up then Phillips will stay imo.
That’s what I thought until I saw him at the end of the Brighton game, he’s gone either way for me.
I really feel like the shift with Bielsa getting dumped made him second guess.
We will see though. I really think a lot of these players will fancy a move now.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

corkleedsmot wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
That’s what I thought until I saw him at the end of the Brighton game, he’s gone either way for me.
We will see though. I really think a lot of these players will fancy a move now.
You’re correct there mate, a few of us did say similar when the club decided it was a good idea to sack Bielsa.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

Like who Phillips and raphinha will go which isn’t rocket science: the rest won’t get into another prem team, maybe gelhardt in a season or two.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

whitedancer wrote:Like who Phillips and raphinha will go which isn’t rocket science: the rest won’t get into another prem team, maybe gelhardt in a season or two.
Bamford def would
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

corkleedsmot wrote:
whitedancer wrote:Like who Phillips and raphinha will go which isn’t rocket science: the rest won’t get into another prem team, maybe gelhardt in a season or two.
Bamford def would
We'll get offers for Pat this summer for sure, luckily we did manage to get him tied down to a new contract last year.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Barlow Boy wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
You’re correct there mate, a few of us did say similar when the club decided it was a good idea to sack Bielsa.
This is on my mind with Kalvin, I suspect that letting Bielsa go broke Kalvin a bit inside and that his loyalty took a big hit as a result. That last home game definitely had the feel of a goodbye about it too. If Bielsa was still here I'd be 100% confident Kalvin would stay, not so much any more.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

corkleedsmot wrote:
Bamford def would
Not for me he won't - At best he would get in a Bournemouth, Burnley type of team in the lower reaches - I don't see him as good enough for the likes of Villa, West Ham - I hope he stays with us and with Gelhardt and Greenwood they combine to deliver 40-50 goals in the EFL (rather we stay up and they deliver 35 goals between them in the PL)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

guitarmark wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:
Bamford def would
Not for me he won't - At best he would get in a Bournemouth, Burnley type of team in the lower reaches - I don't see him as good enough for the likes of Villa, West Ham - I hope he stays with us and with Gelhardt and Greenwood they combine to deliver 40-50 goals in the EFL (rather we stay up and they deliver 35 goals between them in the PL)
Me neither.

Anyway, I sincerely doubt a PL club would take a chance on him this summer after his injuries throughout the season.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
This is on my mind with Kalvin, I suspect that letting Bielsa go broke Kalvin a bit inside and that his loyalty took a big hit as a result. That last home game definitely had the feel of a goodbye about it too. If Bielsa was still here I'd be 100% confident Kalvin would stay, not so much any more.
There is no realistic scenario Kalvin would play in Championship next season in my opinion. He turns 27 this year, he is fighting for a starting position in the World Cup and the best teams in the world (Liverpool and City) are interested in him.
Also if we still had Bielsa now, there is no reason to belive he would've continued in the Championship next year.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Polkadot wrote:
CheeznOnionPasty wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
There is no realistic scenario Kalvin would play in Championship next season in my opinion. He turns 27 this year, he is fighting for a starting position in the World Cup and the best teams in the world (Liverpool and City) are interested in him.
Also if we still had Bielsa now, there is no reason to belive he would've continued in the Championship next year.
If we’d kept Bielsa we wouldn’t have been going down in the first place.

Kalvin was all set to sign a new contract prior to the decision to sack Bielsa, if that doesn’t say anything I don’t know what does.